1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Recommended practice tool: Chordpulse

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by SBassman, Dec 3, 2012.

1. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I recently purchased Chordpulse, and I thought I'd come here and recommend it.

It's an easy way to type in a few chords, choose a style, and have a backing track to rehearse to. Then when you are done with that, you can have one click changes of key and tempo.

I know there are other alternatives out there, but some of them are needlessly cluttered for a practice tool. And some of them are much more expensive.

Chordpulse is $24.95.

http://www.chordpulse.com

[I have no affiliation. I just think it is a very useful, simple practice tool at a very fair price.]

2. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I just wanted to chime in that there is an update with more styles and the styles organized by genre.
    There are several Jazz styles now.

I frequently use this tool to very quickly put together a backing track for practice.

3. I wonder if their is something similar that I can get for my Mac?

4. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
  5. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    iReal looks like it would be a match for me if I had a Mac. In the Windows world, we have Band In The Box, which many use here, but it's too much money and Stuff for me. I like to keep it simple for a tool like this. Chordpulse hits that spot, and it looks like iReal does, too.
    If there was ever a 20 dollar version of iReal for Windows, I'd be all over it.