Recommended watching/listening?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by romac, Apr 5, 2004.

1. I just thought it would be a good idea to have a thread were people contribute by recommending some CD's that you recommend, as bassist, we should listen to and maybe some performace DVD's or videos of bassists or bands that you think, as bassists, we should watch. And also saying why it's a good listen/watch :)

I'll start by contributing a few:

The Beatles # 1 - 27 of their Number 1 hits and Paul McCartney is showing of some of his best and famous bass lines in songs like Lady Madonna, Come Together and The Ballad of John and Yoko. I great listen for anyone, especially musicians and espeically bassists.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - One Hot Minute - with songs like Aeroplane, Coffee Shop and the infamous Pea, it's a great listen :bassist: :cool:

RHCP Live at Slane Castle - Very slick presentation and Flea showing us why he's one of the best bassist on the mainstream circle and why the Red Hot Chili Peppers have been around so long.

I whole heartedly recommend those 3. How about you?
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Hmmm, recordings.
  3. DaemonBass

Mar 29, 2004
    Sacramento, CA
    I think I am running along the edge of the obvious here, but if you have not seen it I recommened dropping by your local video store and get Cliff 'Em All... most video stores have it because it is very popular. Reason for it will be seen once you pop the video in!
  4. There are too many CDs to name, but a couple of good views are Rising Low on DVD and Michael Manring: The Artist's Profile on VHS (not sure if it's out on DVD yet).