1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Recording videos for YouTube

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by StuFordBass, May 8, 2010.

1. I'm new to making videos and recording, but I'd like to get some good sounding stuff up on Youtube. I've got an alesis io14 interface, and a macbook pro with logic express. So far all I've done is run a line out from my amp to the interface and use that for the audio and record video with photobooth. this works, but the volume isn't optimum and i can't add any reverb, compression, EQ or anything to modify the direct sound.

Any tips on recording videos with good audio?

2. bassmasta94

bassmasta94

Jul 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    im looking around for the same guidance. Sadly im not finding any...

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Flip camera work well. The new one's are HD. Mikes suck though. Record into logic express for sound. Record the video with a Flip and put the two together in iMovie.

It only gets better camera wise from there. Those flips are pretty good though for how cheap they are.

4. What amp are you using? Have you tried connecting directly to the Alesis D.I channels? (channels 1 and 2 have built in D.I. How are you setting th gain level on your interface, does the led meter it light green, yellow or red? Finally what version Logic are you using?