REDDI vs P15 Poll Time. 2017 update coming soon!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 10cc, Feb 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. REDDI

41.0%
  2. Broughton P-15

45.7%
  3. No DI straight shot!

13.3%
  1. Dave Hill

Dave Hill Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Those were the P-15 with different settings

10cc likes this.
  2. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    Yes it's in the works. P-15, REDDI, Zephyr, SVP & Noble. Coming soon! Should be fun.

3. guitarbrent

guitarbrent

Feb 16, 2016
    Virginia
    Still nothing about the P-15, but that's OK. I've realized the Ext Amp out on my 1965 B-15N is the best DI ever anyway!!! Mixed in with the amp signal, it's heavenly...

4. Dave Hill

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    You ordered one and have been waiting for 6 months?!?

Still LOVE mine.

5. Azure Skies

Azure Skies Commercial User

Mar 21, 2012
    Toronto
    Businessman and EE Importer/Exporter Broughton Audio
    No, I don't sit on orders. If they are available, I offer them.

blindrabbit and Dave Hill like this.
  6. Dave Hill

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Cool. I just based that on a date on a post above. I didn't think that would be the case.

7. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    Did you do another run of P-15's?

8. Azure Skies

Mar 21, 2012
    Toronto
    Finishing one up now. Just sent out a P15 yesterday.

blindrabbit likes this.
  9. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    Nice. I figured you had. Noticed in the Bro-Ton thread someone had one incoming. I'm assuming all are spoken for?

10. Azure Skies

Mar 21, 2012
    Toronto
    Just working through the waitlist.

blindrabbit and 10cc like this.
  11. McFarlin

McFarlin

Oct 27, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Great thread

I was surprised to learn what I liked most was the direct signal. Maybe that means I should stick to, or at least have as an option, something simpler/more neutral like a Neve RNDI.
    Of the two boxes I preferred the REDDI, thinking it would work better/be more practical in busy mixes.
    The P15 sounds really cool on its own, but the low end seems a bit hyped and I hear more peaks and valleys in undesired (by me) areas.

Of course, most recently I have used the d.i. from an Ashdown ABM500 (also a Sonic Farm 2di4). And I still would use the Ashdown if it weren't for the line noise.

12. Dave Hill

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    p-15 has an eq.

13. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    Hang in there I'm about to post up a new thread comparing the P-15, REDDI, Noble and JDI. Should be exciting!

14. dinoadventures

dinoadventures Feets don't fail me now!

Jul 10, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Here for this.

15. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    It'll be a few more days though. I'm still anxiously awaiting the arrival of said Noble. But I have to say the latest Noble purge in the classifieds has me a little concerned.

16. dinoadventures

dinoadventures Feets don't fail me now!

Jul 10, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Disregard the follies of the folks who buy glowing-logo gear to pose for instagram likes. You know the proof is in the pudding.

17. McFarlin

McFarlin

Oct 27, 2011
    Austin, TX
    yep

18. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    I've been able to own or play in my home Reddi, Noble, Monique and a JDI and countryman. When I landed Monique I pulled my name from P15 wait list. All good stuff in my book, owning them would be a bit excessive. Some of the controversial discussion surrounding this stuff has been a big downer as if better is definable.

We did a head to head with a bunch of guys Monique and Noble, everyone preferred Monique but on those gigs where I don't use an amp but do use a pedal board the Noble would be nice to have. We also on a separate occasion compared Monique to Reddi and preferred Monique, but again when I'm just using my V4b and want a great tube DI the Reddi would be a nice have.

While these little listening tests may be fun to make I'm not sure they really provide the types of answers you get when you play them for yourselves and use them on a longer term basis.

RRR and McFarlin like this.
  19. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    Well nothing can compare to first hand experience. But experience from others that have access to particular gear that others don't prove very helpful for those who need some type of answer to their curiosities. Plus it's the entire basis for TB.

Not to mention the stimulation that occurs.

20. Dave Hill

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    @10cc. Just get your Noble already!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021