REDDI vs P15 Poll Time. 2017 update coming soon!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 10cc, Feb 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. REDDI

41.0%
  2. Broughton P-15

45.7%
  3. No DI straight shot!

13.3%
  1. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    Haha! @Jack Roan

I will say this though a few weeks ago Jack sent me an email stating that since there were a few popping up on the TB classifieds and they were cheaper than a brand new one, he would return my money in full if I opted for one of the used ones. I thanked him and then decided for myself to just wait for mine:D

Jack has been a pleasure to do business with. Top shelf customer service.

Jack Roan, Hubriser, jakka1 and 2 others like this.
  2. Dave Hill

Dave Hill Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Seems as though there has been a wave of Nobles in the classifieds as of late.

3. Dave Hill

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I think the "better" part was related to which sounded more like a B-15, which would be more arguable or than just "better".

4. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    Either way it got a bit hostile. There are a number versions of the B15, which one was the bench mark?

5. Dave Hill

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Oh come on...you want to argue about that? Lol

blindrabbit likes this.
  6. peterpalmieri

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    No just curious if there was a particular version as a bench mark. We did a head to head of the Noble and Monique and I don't think the difference was much more then the different settings on the heritage b15n

7. Dave Hill

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Sounds like a great comparison! I'd love to try a Mo. Will soon try a Noble.
    How did the Noble and REDDI compare?

8. peterpalmieri

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    I was able to do Mo and Reddi head to head, separately Mo and Noble head to head. But not Noble and Reddi

9. Dave Hill

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    What were the differences?

10. peterpalmieri

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    Most recently the Monique and Noble, there is a complexity to the harmonics and a richness to Monique that just seems to be missing on the Noble. It is rather obvious but not huge. Side by side there is a clear difference. Now just using the Noble on its own it sounds great and I would certainly be happy using one. The person who brought the Noble over also has a Monique and I thought I might buy the Noble from him to use on my pedal board but while convenient wasn't as good or better. That was all with the line out to an M2500. I didn't spend much time with the DIs but the difference seemed ever bigger. I do wish I would have plugged the Noble into the power section of my V4b as it apparently shines in that situation.

The Reddi compared to Monique was pretty simple, the Reddi sounds great as a DI and I could dial in an almost identical sound through the XLR. Mo is simply capable of a lot more tones and the ability to drive an amp.

I think for the most part all sound really good up to their features limitations. The sensitivity on Mo, push pull for boosting. And a level control on the cinemag transformer. Gives Mo the ability to do all the things the others do plus more.

There are situations where I'd like to just show up with a pedal board and a Noble. Or just the Reddi as a DI. But Owning them all is a bit excessive for me.

Would love to try a P15 but the opportunity hadn't come up yet.

EDIT there are also a bunch of gigs where anything more then my countryman isn't going to make a meaningful impact but I tend to just carry it as a back up.

10cc and Dave Hill like this.
  11. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    I know Josh has just completed another run of P-15's. I'm probably right guessing they are all spoken for.

I'm very skeptical of the praise the Noble gets so that's the reason for ordering one. The one thing that the Noble and the REDDI can not do is OD so in comes the P-15. I've tracked it with the volume in every position and when you really lean into it, the breakup sounds pretty good.

My plan is to figure which one I think will work best for me as a DI (live & studio) and probably sell the rest. Maybe sell all and just use my JDI or if it's the REDDI sound I'm after I can get that result through a local build. Either way it's very fun having all under the same roof to nerd out on.

Then there is the cabinet gas:nailbiting:.

12. Dave Hill

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    The harmonic richness is what I love about the REDDI. Your saying Mo has even more?! Great. Lol.

I'm pretty set at the moment:

IMG_1626.JPG IMG_1632.JPG

They all can't stay...

10cc and peterpalmieri like this.
  13. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    I also think that a miked cab sounds (to me) much better than any of my DI's.

So I could purge everything and put the money towards a great microphone and super cab.

14. peterpalmieri

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    I was very happy using my V4b and a Reddi or just the Reddi for no amp gigs/ recording or the V4b when I didn't use house support.

I couldn't get over the idea that the Reddi couldn't help me with my stage sound, not sure I needed it. But it bugged me. I got on the P15 list but a Monique popped up in the classifieds.

The added bonus is when going to a rehearsal studio or a provided backline gig I can Hijack the power section of the provided amp and get Mo on stage and to the house. The one of the four that can't do that is the Reddi.

When I bring out my V4b I only use Mo as a DI but I also use Mo with an M2500 as a stage amp. I get my sound in every situation and Mo sounds great with my upright too.

10cc likes this.
  15. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    Cage, bamboo or rack? The bamboo looks very nice.

16. 10cc

10cc Inactive

Oct 28, 2013
    Could you run the wet (xlr) out on the REDDI through the power amp section of an amp and then use the DI out on said amp and accomplish the REDDI to the board? Spitballing here obviously.

17. el murdoque

el murdoque

Mar 10, 2013
    Germany
    I listened to the tracks on my Neumann monitors and liked #3 best, followed by #1 and then #2.
    I was quite sure that #2 is the naked bass and my guess would have been that the P15 is #3 and the REDDI #1.

Does that mean i prefer a direct signal to a REALLY expensive DI ?

RRR likes this.
  18. peterpalmieri

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    Dove cage.

19. peterpalmieri

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    No doesn't work and you can't split the signal without losing tone.

10cc likes this.
  20. Dave Hill

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    No. #3 was P-15.

dinoadventures and blindrabbit like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 4, 2021