Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Regi Wooten (Nashville-area TB'ers)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by j-raj, Nov 10, 2004.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Hey Nashville-area TB'ers,

I was wondering if any of y'all knew of a way to contact Regi. If you have taken lessons from him or know him. I know that the Vic tour is done for this season and that he might be back in N'ville for the time being... if not for the holidays.

There is a cat from ATL (here) that has taken lessons from him and I was going to see if I could grab a couple hours from him while I'm up in Nashville.

PM-me if you have any Details.

Thanks,
    'Jairaj

2. sethlow3

sethlow3 Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Nashville, Tennessee
    I can get his # for you. If you are ATL I would strongly recommend Adam Nitti over any of the Wootens. I have plenty of friends who have taken from Regi and they all tell me similar stories. Plus they all end up sounding like they want to play 20 notes a second and not groove.

Regi is into a lot religous concepts like greek origins, greek Gods, and meditation. He actually uses this stuff as lesson material. I also heard other times that he will make you an herbal milkshake and talk for hours on end about weird stuff. As far as musical teachings, he teaches a lot about techniques like thumping his way and tapping and not a lot about actual music theory or application. IMO you should take from Nitti (a colleage of the Wootens) or nashville session player Michael Ripoll.

Though I haven't taken from Regi myself I have heard so many funny stories that make me NOT want to take from him. ;)

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    PM me

4. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    sethlow3

I've met up with Adam a few times, amazing cat.... the nicest bassist you'll you'll ever get to know. He is out of town at the moment on tour with Steven Curtis Chapman. As for Regi, sounds like him and I would have a bunch to chat about... Michael Ripoll is the bomb, I would actually like to hook up with him, to work on my latin feels and chat industry wise.

JAUQO III-X,

Will do.

5. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Thanks guys.... I'll be seeing Regi next Friday for a couple of hours!!!