Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Reid Anderson uses a Peavey amp?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by elvinstheman, Sep 14, 2005.

1. elvinstheman

elvinstheman

Jun 16, 2005
    Seattle, USA
    Do my eyes deceive me or is tha bass player from The Bad Plus using a Peavey Mark VI amp in this shot?:

Attached Files:

2. greg garrison

greg garrison

Apr 12, 2005
    Colorado
    probably backline gear, i've seen shots of him in front of a hartke 4x10 as well.

3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I think that choice of amp would be in line with the kind of image they're trying to project.

4. elvinstheman

elvinstheman

Jun 16, 2005
    Seattle, USA
    That's what I thought right away too. I'm not sure why he'd accept one of those even for one gig! Maybe that was the only option.

5. elvinstheman

elvinstheman

Jun 16, 2005
    Seattle, USA
    I know they're about as into rock and underground stuff as much or more than jazz, so he's probably not much of a purist. But still, a Mark VI? Sheesh!!

6. i was playing down to Nashville a few years ago, and stopped in for a few hours (and a few beers!) at Robert's, where the band changes every hour an a half or so - and URB is required. One pickup group rolled in, with Rena McIntyre's tour bassist in tow, playing through some godawful Peavey Firebass head, a huge load of foam rubber stuck in his afterlength, and a 4x10 - and sounded FABULOUS. I was in awe. Don't doubt it.

7. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago
    I agree. I play with a big band using a Peavey Sessionbass and 2-10's w/ a Realist. I actually had a horn player tell me he couldn't tell I was playing through an amp and complimented the sound. Ya just never know!!!

8. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    The cab is definitely a Trace Elliott (two horizontal stripes are a giveaway) and though the picture of the head is a little blurry it looks more like an older Trace.

9. abaguer

abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    I just got back from a short tour in Georgia and Alabama. Peavey gear in most backlines, including the schools that we played at in the mornings.

10. D McCartney

D McCartney crosswind downwind bass

Aug 1, 2005
    Tacoma WA
    Indeed. And perhaps he had no choice in the brand...but he should have had a choice in the size. Isn't that a 15"? I have been reading here that most UB players shy away from the 15". :confused:
    (hope I didn't change the thread too much)
    Dwight