Reid Anderson uses a Peavey amp?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by elvinstheman, Sep 14, 2005.

1. elvinstheman

Jun 16, 2005
    Seattle, USA
    Do my eyes deceive me or is tha bass player from The Bad Plus using a Peavey Mark VI amp in this shot?:

Attached Files:

2. greg garrison

greg garrison

Apr 12, 2005
    probably backline gear, i've seen shots of him in front of a hartke 4x10 as well.
  3. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I think that choice of amp would be in line with the kind of image they're trying to project.
  4. elvinstheman

Jun 16, 2005
    Seattle, USA
    That's what I thought right away too. I'm not sure why he'd accept one of those even for one gig! Maybe that was the only option.
  5. elvinstheman

Jun 16, 2005
    Seattle, USA
    I know they're about as into rock and underground stuff as much or more than jazz, so he's probably not much of a purist. But still, a Mark VI? Sheesh!!
  6. i was playing down to Nashville a few years ago, and stopped in for a few hours (and a few beers!) at Robert's, where the band changes every hour an a half or so - and URB is required. One pickup group rolled in, with Rena McIntyre's tour bassist in tow, playing through some godawful Peavey Firebass head, a huge load of foam rubber stuck in his afterlength, and a 4x10 - and sounded FABULOUS. I was in awe. Don't doubt it.
  7. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    I agree. I play with a big band using a Peavey Sessionbass and 2-10's w/ a Realist. I actually had a horn player tell me he couldn't tell I was playing through an amp and complimented the sound. Ya just never know!!!
  8. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    The cab is definitely a Trace Elliott (two horizontal stripes are a giveaway) and though the picture of the head is a little blurry it looks more like an older Trace.
  9. abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    I just got back from a short tour in Georgia and Alabama. Peavey gear in most backlines, including the schools that we played at in the mornings.
  10. D McCartney

D McCartney crosswind downwind bass

Aug 1, 2005
    Tacoma WA
    Indeed. And perhaps he had no choice in the brand...but he should have had a choice in the size. Isn't that a 15"? I have been reading here that most UB players shy away from the 15". :confused:
    (hope I didn't change the thread too much)