1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reissue Vox basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LotusCarsLtd52, May 3, 2010.

1. LotusCarsLtd52

LotusCarsLtd52

Dec 6, 2009
    Ah yes, the Constellation IV and Phantom IV...I heard that someone somewhere offers reissues of these basses. Where might I find them?

2. I've seen them- can't recall the current name...
    [searches]

3. Yeah, they will need to hold on to that teardrop bass just for the reason that it must be shipped in a hardshell case that cost $150 bones . Really....really.

4. LotusCarsLtd52

LotusCarsLtd52

Dec 6, 2009
    Nice, thanks. Too bad the Phantom doesn't come in a burst finish but I guess that's expected. That Wyman bass looks nice, too.

The company appears to be based in Oregon...are the instruments perhaps made there or overseas and shipped-in?

5. Stranger Danger

Stranger Danger Feel Like A Stranger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Texas
    The sold seperately cases is pretty sh*tty.

6. I want to say they're MIK(Korean)but that could be a *Phantom*(no pun, intended or otherwise :rolleyes:)memory.
    I actually have a(purportedly)68 hollowbody teardrop bass...

7. But there's nothing unusual about it. That's par for the course for most purchases. I have no problem with it.

My Epiphone Casady case cost over $100...I don't see anything excessive about $150 for a case to hold an instrument with as unusual a shape as this.

blindrabbit likes this.
  8. LotusCarsLtd52

LotusCarsLtd52

Dec 6, 2009
    How do you like the tone and feel? That neck looks very similar to the Hofner necks (nice and narrow, very little taper, close string spacing, etc.)

9. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Hello.

I am going to buy one of those Phantoms tonight as it is. :D

AS a matter of fact, PHANTOM basses WERE made in Korea, <- but Phantom basses were cheap fender copies. These Phantom guitarworks guitars and basses ARE made in Oregon. Phantom guitars and Phantom Guitarworks are two entirely different entities. Back in 2000 to 2002 or so, PGW DID use import parts. But now they are American made.

And you could probably get PGW to make you a Burst Phantom. The company is pretty willing to work with you. And there is an endorser here (Iamthebassman) who had PGW make him a three pickup Phantom.

If you want it, don't hold back and call PGW! ;)

and everybody talking about the case... its not that bad. Alot of places, such as Guitar center, will have the case, and then mark up the price. Then, when your eyeing the bass, they can say, hey, i'll throw in a *FREE* hardcase!! and you succumb to the "good deal". Fact of the matter, is the case is usually included in the purchase price.
    Especially with nice fenders and EBMM's. You only get ripped off if you don't get a case. ;)
    But that is not ALWAYS true.

Bassteban, want to show some pictures of your 68 Teardrop?

10. LotusCarsLtd52

LotusCarsLtd52

Dec 6, 2009
    Nice! And for MIA the price is shockingly low. Maybe because, sadly, people might not be totally interested in these kitsch guitars, but it's for that reason that I like them to begin with.

Oh it was just a thought. I haven't ever tried them so I don't know how they feel or sound.

11. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    Supply and Demand. Low demand, low prices. High demand, high prices. ;)

I am getting a Sunburst Hollowbody bass for my Graduation present this year. :bassist:

12. LotusCarsLtd52

LotusCarsLtd52

Dec 6, 2009
    I also graduate and have some cash sitting around. Debating if I want a Mustang RI or something else. These are nice basses though.

13. KramerBassFan

KramerBassFan

Jan 3, 2009
    If you want a mustang, get a mustang.

If you want a cool quirky old 60's bass (not that the mustang ISNT a 60's bass :p) then get a teardrop. But the way i see it, the teardrop never really left the 60's, while the mustang has pretty much stayed in peoples hands through out time.