1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

released our debut EP today (guild starfire content)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by mellowgerman, Feb 28, 2020.

1. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    My band, Saint Johns Wake, released our debut EP "first final" today! It's available on all major online music outlets (spotify, apple music, amazon, etc.)

All the bass parts are my trusty ol' 1970 Guild Starfire bass, with a touch of tweak upon the Alembic SF-2 Superfilter, going through the balanced line out of my Yamaha PB-1 preamp.
    I also sing "blue" and "post".
    I suppose you could describe us as an electric folk-rock trio with influences including Wilco, Neil Young, Kevin Morby, Gram Parsons, Big Thief, Fleetwood Mac, Jefferson Airplane, etc.

*If you don't frequent any of the big streaming services, you can set up a free account on Spotify pretty quickly, that gives you full access to their massive music catalog, just that there are commercials in between songs I believe. I wish there was an easy way to link you guys directly to the EP on spotify but I can't seem to figure out how to do that -- had one copied in but it didn't seem to work, giving a "bad gateway" message.

Anyway, here's our site which can take you to more streaming options:
    Saint John’s Wake – A Pretty Decent Band in Orlando, Florida

Hope you like it, but of course, we're always happy to hear any constructive criticism!

gTave7b.jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  2. Mustang Surly

Mustang Surly

Jul 10, 2013
    Of the 4 songs I enjoyed "Post" the most.

Sounds good, Keep up the fine work!

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021