1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

removing a pick up?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Repeat Edge AU, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Repeat Edge AU

Repeat Edge AU

Sep 4, 2012
    hey guys,

i was wondering if i were to remove the front pick up off my bass would it require soldering for it to still work as a circuit?

I have a warwcik rockbass double bucker and i want to remove the front for a bit more room to slap

regards,

Liam

2. testing1two

testing1two Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    Have you tried lowering the pickup as low as it will go? An empty pickup hole is not aesthetically pleasing. That said you can cut the pickup leads where they connect to the pots and be fine. Just be sure you are panned 100% to the bridge pickup.

3. Repeat Edge AU

Repeat Edge AU

Sep 4, 2012
    thanks mate, yeah i've just lowered it although i am looking for best playability over aesthetics :) thanks for the reply!

4. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    You should be able to remove it without having to resolder. Having said that though, you might find your tone lacking with just a bridge pickup. Not sure if the rockbass has a blend control, but try playing with the neck turned off for a bit and see if you can tolerate the tone.