Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

replacement necks

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Jherrera, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Jherrera

Jherrera Guest

Sep 25, 2004
    I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find a 4 string fretless UNLINED fender jazz neck with the postion markers on the fret line (which isnt there.) Thanks! :ninja:

2. gapupten

gapupten

Dec 29, 2004
    Warmoth makes lined and unlined fretless. It's unlined board has markers at the side of the neck which are at the line positions, not between them.

3. Hey, want the best tip yet for dots on a fretless? Instead of just the usual markers at the traditional fret positions, I made a dot at each fret. Man, it helped my intonation by leaps and bounds. I had Dave Siff try it and he was ecstatic over how it was perfect.

I've always played an unlined fretless. Lined boards always visually fooled me because it wouldn't be long before I was putting my fingers between the lines like they were frets. Since I layed off for so long, my intonation has gotten rather sucky so I made this change and I adapted in about 2 seconds.

4. I haven't tried that...but I am going to try little pencil marks first. Although, generally speaking my intonation is pretty good up to about 'fret' 12...then it starts to get a little dodgy.