Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Replacement pickguard for Stingray 4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Aussiephoenix, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Hi!

Recently bought a MM Stingray 4 String.
    Awesome instrument, love it... the one thing I dont love about it is the pickguard... its 3ply white.

the body is a cherry sunburst. (Looks a little Dark here...)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you think would look best with this? Originally I was thinking of going transparent, but I tried taking it of, I dont like it... so, that wouldnt look very different...

2. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    I bought a new Stingray Honeyburst about 6 months ago and it came with a Tort shell PG. I like the way it looks but will probably slap on a white pearloid 'gard soon.

Bass Central has replacement MM pickguards ... they run about $50

I also have a '91 Stingray in Natural that I put a transparent PG on and looks great but it didnt look as good on the Honeyburst....

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    You can get a transparent PG and insert pictures or paper with nice printed patterns behind it for a unique look. Advantage: You can change the pictures or patterns.

4. Im having a "slight" problem finding those, as EB dont make em, so that rules out any shops out here in portugal.

and ALL of the e-stores that I've been looking at are in the states... anybody know any in Europe?

Thanks.

5. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    black (b/w/b) or tortoise shell ftw:cool: