1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Replacement pickguard for Stingray 4

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Aussiephoenix, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Hi!

Recently bought a MM Stingray 4 String.
    Awesome instrument, love it... the one thing I dont love about it is the pickguard... its 3ply white.

the body is a cherry sunburst. (Looks a little Dark here...)
    STING_Body.

STING_back.

What do you think would look best with this? Originally I was thinking of going transparent, but I tried taking it of, I dont like it... so, that wouldnt look very different...

2. dalley

dalley

Jul 6, 2005
    Phoenix
    I bought a new Stingray Honeyburst about 6 months ago and it came with a Tort shell PG. I like the way it looks but will probably slap on a white pearloid 'gard soon.

Bass Central has replacement MM pickguards ... they run about $50

I also have a '91 Stingray in Natural that I put a transparent PG on and looks great but it didnt look as good on the Honeyburst....

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    You can get a transparent PG and insert pictures or paper with nice printed patterns behind it for a unique look. Advantage: You can change the pictures or patterns.

4. Im having a "slight" problem finding those, as EB dont make em, so that rules out any shops out here in portugal.

and ALL of the e-stores that I've been looking at are in the states... anybody know any in Europe?

Thanks.

5. hartke20g

hartke20g

Apr 12, 2006
    miami, FL
    black (b/w/b) or tortoise shell ftw:cool: