Replacing Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by antwon deserter, Mar 21, 2011.

1. antwon deserter

antwon deserter

Mar 3, 2010
    Seattle
    I have an Ibanez SR 405 QW. I love it, except the pickups are arced, so the mids are overpowering while the lows and highs are weak. Because of this, I am thinking about getting new pickups. I have a few questions:

1. What kind of pickups should I get? Its a 5 string, I play mostly fingerstyle hard rock/metal, but I also want a good upper fret tapping sound.

2. How much does it cost to get them replaced by music stores like Best Buy, Kennelly Keys, or Guitar Center?

3. If the people replacing the pickups somehow screw up and wreck my electronics, will they fix it free of charge?

2. FallingUnknown

FallingUnknown

Jan 23, 2011
    Syracuse
    1. Bartolini.
    2. Like $50-100
    3. Don't get your hopes up.

Best of luck, I plan on changing the pickups on my J-bass. Don't know how Bart's will be on it but based on my Ibanez BTB with Bartolini's, I'd say you can't go wrong.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021