1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Replacing preamps - Ibanez BTB 785PB

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tdfriday, Oct 23, 2013.

1. tdfriday

tdfriday

Jul 16, 2011
    I have a BTB 785. It's the one that includes the piezo bridge pickups and bartolini mk2 soapbars. There isn't much info out there on this particular bass. I'm thinking of a preamp upgrade. Not certain yet which I will go with. I would like to keep the piezo available. When I look at the current setup, it seems like the piezo is powered and wired thru the circuit board for the regular pickups. My question is, if I replace the preamp, am I going to lose the piezos? Is there a way to keep the piezo with a new preamp ( maybe wired it to the new preamp) or do I have to look for a special preamp that can do both regular pickups and the piezos?
    Thanks in advance,
    tdfriday

2. Depending on how that system is wired it is possible to keep the piezos and add a new preamp provided they are running off their own board (which they should be). both preamps are powered off the same batteries but connected to different pickups and then combine together at an active blend pot.