1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rethinking Economic Systems.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by warwick.hoy, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Without getting political or starting a flame war.....is the Federal Reserve System becoming antiquated? Unconstitutional?

Is there a way to rid humanity of class systems....poverty....greed....strife?

Are humans always going to lust for power and money?

When is enough enough?

Is Capitalism really all that great? Communism? If not...what then?

Can we reach a Utopian society?

I attribute a lot of the problems in society to the quest for power and money. Read some of the Somali piracy threads that have popped up on TB. Money is the motivation. Turn on your TV or radio and see and listen to the drivel that appears just to make a quick buck. No substance...just $$$$ dollar signs. Women murder husbands for life insurance policies to get boob jobs, party in Vegas. People have to work jobs they hate or have no security with, in order to keep food on the table. No one can afford to keep themselves healthy. People really can't afford to get hurt or get sick.

I'm not the most articulate and definitely not the most educated when it comes to how global economics works.....but it seems to me that the current way of doing things isn't working.

Wealth is determined by debt? Paper isn't backed up by gold....it is backed up by how much debt a person is believed to be able to handle. Basically (at least to me) money is a figment of our imaginations. Money is arbitrarily devised when a person signs a loan....a mortgage, yet I still need it to buy food, keep a roof over my head.... I have very little debt so you'd think I would be in good shape? No debt means no credit. If I wanted a car loan....mortgage do you think I'd get one?......A paycheck means I can survive to another paycheck....seems like a lot of smoke and mirrors to me. Unfortunately I don't think I could just throw my hands up in the air and say...."I quit". What then...crazy long white beard living in a cave (sounds like a terrorist to me....get him).

Does any of this seem flummoxing to anyone else?

Help me understand.

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    How did you expect this to not get political? You started with a political question.

:rollno:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.