1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reverb for Amp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vcs700s, Feb 25, 2008.

1. vcs700s

vcs700s

Nov 17, 2006
    Stephenson, VA
    I have a Roland Bass Cube 30 with reverb built into it. I really like running some reverb with the signal.

I would like to get a reverb unit, preferably a pedel, that I could run in line or through the effects loop of my LMK 2 or WTX-260.

Actually, in line might be easier. Let me know what you guys have to suggest.

2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Most pedals won't be happy in the loop- with some exceptions, the loop will tend to work better with rack units. If you prefer to use the loop rather than putting the device inline in front of your amp, then I'd recommend an old Lexicon LXP-1.

3. vcs700s

vcs700s

Nov 17, 2006
    Stephenson, VA
    I can also use a pedal in line. Any suggestions there?

Oh, I love the Bongo. It will be the next bass I buy.

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    :p This is the Bongo I play:

Santiagosthum.

5. AlunJWDavies

AlunJWDavies

Nov 28, 2007
    Ottawa
    For live, don't sweat the brand of verb too much. I have a nice rack TC and stopped using it live because unless you're able to run stereo with a NICE p.a., it doesn't matter too, too much. An old Lexicon will do just fine. Or you could get one of the amp simulators(pod etc.) and have other fx as well. On the other hand, I did use a PCM-70 with my fretless once through the Harbourfront P.A. in Toronto(Nice P.A. and really good crew) and it kicked ass. Sounded beautiful. For most bars and clubs though, it don't matter...

6. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    My suggestion would be the Boss RE-20.

I wouldn't be without mine now. The 'verb is very nice for bass (natural low-end rolloff to keep muddiness away). The echo is not only killer by itself, but short multi-tapped slaps make for perfect 'early reflections' in with the sring reverb emulation. Which makes the 'verb sound more like a 'modern' 'verb. Anyway: however vintage or modern, it sounds great.

Also: you can use 'setting 11' - all three 'playback heads' - as a very nice, short reverb by itself. It's almost gated sounding when you keep the regen down.

It WILL work inline OR in a send/return loop The only problem I've found is that when you use the pedal bypass, it sends dry through - EVEN WHEN YOU'VE SPECIFICALLY TURNED THE DRY OFF WITH THE SPECIAL REAR-PANEL SWITCH! - I dunno WHAT's with that. The more I think about it: I can hardly believe that; I'll check again when I get home. That would be way-too-stupid, wouldn't it?..

The RE-20 has a great STEREO spring tank emulation, even if you ignored the echo.

Joe

7. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    OK - I checked:

It's true - when the switch is set to turn OFF the dry, it turns back ON when you bypass...

I dunno WHAT's with that.

Joe

8. Digitech Digiverb has seven different verb models (which are equalizable) and among them is really convincing dubby spring reverb.