1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Reverb pedal output help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nononsensestyle, Jul 5, 2012.

1. nononsensestyle

nononsensestyle

Jul 5, 2012
    Hey everyone,

Long story short, I need a reverb pedal that doesn't cut the output level. :help:

During tracking a record, our producer was messing around and threw some spring reverb on the bass. It ended up sounding excellent (in specific doses,) so I elected to buy a reverb pedal and recreate this sond live.

He recommended a Malekko Spring Chicken. Unable to find one, I picked up an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Nano.

The pedal sounds fine, but has an output problem.

I need the pedal at around 2 or 2:30 to produce the level of effect I want (Spring reverb setting) but after 12 o'clock the pedal begins to cut the output. What would be the best solution to this problem?

I am new to the use of reverb on bass, so instinctively I figured I could get a clean boost pedal and put this in front (or after?) the reverb pedal. However, I'd have to switch on two pedals every time, which would be a hinderance.

I've also considered using an A/B switcher for these pedals (reverb and boost) so I would only need to switch on one button to get the desired effect. However, this seems like such a roundabout soultion! :rolleyes:

It would be much more simple to get a better reverb pedal that doesn't cut the output, but I am unsure this is even possible and wouldn't know where to begin.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and I look forward to your suggestions!

-RB

2. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    PM sent

3. DannDubblewe

DannDubblewe Knob Wrangler

Apr 3, 2009
    TN
    I've only tried one and it was incredible - the Iron Ether Nimbus. I experienced no output problems.

Also, another solution from the A/B would be a single loop true bypass pedal. That way you can put them both in a loop and use one stomp to activate them simultaneously. That's still kind of a hindrance what with having 3 pedals for one effect, so I strongly recommend searching for/ checking out the Iron Ether Nimbus.

4. The Nimbus is a great reverb, Taylor from IE makes killer stuff.

The TC HoF did sound pretty good too for the little time I had to try it.