Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rick Raezer (Raezer's Edge) RIP

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by brianrost, Jul 8, 2005.

1. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    For those of you who are familiar with the Raezer's Edge speaker cabinets, sad news via email. This was sent to me unattributed so I can't vouch for accuracy.

"Rich Raezer was found murdered today. His son, and I am not sure which one yet, is in custody and I have been told he has confessed to killing his father. I am absolutely just blown away by this. I can't provide you with an article in true journalistic form because 1. I am too shocked right now and 2. I just still don't have enough.

I had a decent conversation with a Sgt. for the police there. I know a son is in custody and that Rich did not have much a of a family--at least not local. The sgt. said they have only located a sister---she provided information that Rich has had domestic issues with this same son in the past and I was provided information today by a person that this son has threatened Rich with a gun before. Apparently, the police had some knowledge that this person was becoming violent and they offered Rich information and steps he could follow to protect himself a bit more, but he supposedly did not follow through. I can understand.

I called Rich this morning and I expected him to answer the phone in his soft-toned voice as he always did. But a damn detective answered the phone and told me Rich was dead. I had just paid for my 400x12 and I am not even sure if I will ever get the dough back; I am not sure I am going to care too much about that for awhile. But still, my excitement was about getting a Raezer's-Edge bass amp for my electric Reverend bass for my reunited band.

This sucks. With all of the tragedy that has happened today the only word I can come up with is hell and I am telling you this really sucks."

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    This is truly sad, and very shocking, news. Rich was a great guy to talk to, and he built some really amazing cabs.

He will be missed.

Tom.

3. abaguer

abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    I'm very saddened to hear this. I have one of his twin 8 towers that I used a lot for upright. He was a wonderful guy to speak to and built a terrific product.

4. dnburgess

dnburgess

Jul 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Proprietor: Bass People, Green Square Music
    To quote from the RE web site:

"We are very sad to announce the untimely passing of Rich Raezer on July 7, 2005.

Rich was a warm friend, talented musician and creative genius who selflessly supported the stringed instrument community, particularly those in the jazz world. He will be terribly missed by all who knew him, and anyone who is fortunate enough to hear his beautiful speaker cabinets.

The Raezer's Edge shop will be closed until further notice. Meanwhile, all customers who have outstanding orders or balances should contact Rich's family by emailing here. For those orders which cannot be filled and for which a deposit was paid, customers will be reimbursed as soon as possible.

More information will be posted as soon as it becomes available."

The email address for customers with outstanding orders is: jimmy@jimmybruno.com