1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ridiculous Bass Player/Band from Florida

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Jamasaurus, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Jamasaurus

Jamasaurus

Sep 10, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Just wanted to let everyone know about a great band that I played with last night in Ybor City, with a RIDICULOUS bass player. Dude had some serious chops; slapping, tapping, doing stuff I've never seen done on a bass before. The band is called 20 WT(twenty weight) and they're from Orange Park, FL. Its a mash of metal and reggae. I know it sounds weird but it's original as hell and they play real tight. If it wasn't such a strange blending of genres these guys would be huge. Just a bunch of talented musicians that are doing something unique and put on a great live show, thought I'd share one of Florida's best kept secrets. Look out for these guys in the future and check out their myspace to hear their stuff. Peace.

2. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    Just checked them out on myspace.....wow!!!

3. holy ****, new fav band

4. Kevin W Guin

Kevin W Guin Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Chicago, USA
    Wow, really liked that. Thank you J'saurus! I saw the youtube vid "Out My Window".

Sounds to me like he has the four-string tuned down. I noticed that he really makes the bass speak well in the lower range.

Excellent, just great.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Our keyboardist used to live in Orange Park. I'll have to see if he's heard of them.

6. Wow. They're from Orange Park? I live in Orange Park.
    Thinking about going to one of their shows.
    There's an upcoming metal show, so....

BTW, They are amazing.

7. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    Excellent! That tone is huge!

8. EclecticElectrk

EclecticElectrk

Aug 26, 2008
    Brooklyn
    wow they are freakin good!!! a combination of 2 of my favorite genres, it seems.:) it reminds me a lot of Fishbone, anyone else get that? minus the horn section. the basslines are really tastful, these guys sound kickass!:bassist:

9. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    Pretty cool!

Here's the link for anyone interested:
    20WT

10. Man they are very cool sounding. Very original sound IMO.