1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Right Place? Right Time?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Snakeman1066, May 1, 2010.

1. ok well i ventured downtown...which even on the best of days is something i would rather not do....(but i had business to attend to and unfortunately all the government offices are downtown)

anyway on my way home i notice a van pulling a trailer (with a logo on the side) on the side of the road with the hood up and 4 young guys in skinny jeans milling around it...

ok I'm curious so i pull over......

long story short....a band on their way to a gig....water pump has gone out.....they need cash for a new one...

after B.S.'ing for a bit i walked away with the bass players back up cabs and one of his back up basses (i felt like i robbed them, but this guy is the one that suggested the price to me - not the other way around)

funny thing is i have been looking for a couple of smaller cabs for our practice space...

i know, i know no pics no cabs..no bass

143_4312-1.

sorry crappy cell phone pic....but my SLR took a dump

not much to write home about...but considering i got both cabs and the bass for around the same price as the bass alone (new) i just couldn't pass them up...

2. The show must go on, and they knew it.

You helped those hipsters out, and didn't get screwed.
    Well done!

3. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Sorry, but the first thing i thought was "hot items from a stolen van?"

4. lol as did i.....

but after hanging around and talking to them for a bit....not to mention the lead singer had the keys to the padlocks on the trailer....i was fairly sure it was on the up and up....they also gave me one of their CD's....not my thing (screamo band) but the production quality was pretty good...

bottom of the barrel GK Cabs...and Squier bass

again nothing to write home about...but worth telling you guys about...lol

5. mikeddd

mikeddd

Nov 12, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Right place at the right time for sure. Sucks to be them, but that's the way it goes sometimes! Some days you're the windshield and some days you're the bug. Today, my man, you are the windshield. :D

6. steveinohio

steveinohio

May 27, 2007
    Decent deal for everyone. Score!