1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Road case for B15 (amp section only)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ben Clarke, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke Liquidating to fund a new business. Buy My Gear!

Jan 6, 2005
    Western NY
    Any suggestions for acquisition/construction of a road case for the amp section of my B15? It need not be ATA. I have no idea how one could be fastened down to the case without butchering the old girl.

I know, I know- just buy a B25...

2. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

check your PM

3. punchclock

punchclock

Mar 19, 2007
    Kansas City
    I just got a B15R. 100 watt head. Heavier than the vintage 30 watt models....
    I'm interested in a road case for the head to carry separate (and maybe use with different cabs!)
    Any ideas, info is appreciated.

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    I’m trying to find out what the your avatar says. Please inform me. :D

5. It is a classic. How have you not seen it?

85b7a0f1ab0e1b0e178171a880e241e0.

P_Robyn, BassmanPaul and bobyoung53 like this.
  6. BassmanPaul

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Just build a replica of the top portion of the B15 cabinet using 3/4” ply, about 21” x 13” deep enough to house the amp. You can get the clips from Antique Electronics IIRC. This case, if done neatly, could also act as an amp stand. To ensure the safety of the amp I’d put a strap around the unit to relieve the pressure of transport on the clips.

7. BassmanPaul

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada

Maybe ‘cos I don’t play solos. :D

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  8. bludog

bludog Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2012
    Brooklyn 11217
    fliptops.net makes headcases for B15s. You just bolt them using the existing hardware.

9. MR PC

MR PC

Dec 1, 2007
    I called flip tops once enquiring about the B15 case, it looks real nice. Didn't order because first of all it was real PITA to get ahold of him, and second of all, he was non committal on delivery time. And not cheap either. Maybe all of this has changed, maybe he's improved his web site. I did take a chance and ordered some latches from him, and again, 0 communication, no tracking, but the latches did indeed finally arrive.

I put my B15 S head minus it's tray in a 4 space wooden rack. Rat fur, nothing special. In the end it was pretty unwieldly. I just carry it around in a Tuki bag now. The whole B15 S rig is way to heavy to deal with, and the amp tray is really clumsy to move detached from the cabinet.

Looks like this is a zombie thread...oh well. :)

punchclock likes this.