Rocktron Big Crush Compressor

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by barebones, Apr 1, 2005.

1. barebones

barebones Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Anyone try this pedal yet? What do you like/dislike about it? I found favorable posts from guitarists on Harmony-Central, but what do they know? (Just kidding.)

Anyway, I've been looking around for a simple pedal compressor under $100 that can do both subtle compression and serious squash. Threads here have been helpful in regard to other brands but left me wondering about this one.

2. Bump. I've heard that this is better and more transparent than the MXR Dynacomp.
  3. That's my 2 contenders. The MXR and the Rocktron.

Would be awesome to get a comparison post. :hyper:
  4. Anyone? I hear Rocktron is made in Michigan, so that's a plus. :smug:
  5. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I am getting one of these really soon, so I will be trying it out myself. I'll give some of my thoughts when I have a chance to play with it.
  6. I've heard good things about the Silver Dragon, I'll probably pick one of those up, along with the Tri-Wah, after I get the Big Crush, of course. ;)
  7. I went and ordered the Big Crush off of MusiciansFriend. There was a guitarist who said it was better than the MXR, so I'm hoping that he or she knows their stuff. I called all of the local (and some non-local) stores and no one seemed to stock it. Funny how a Michigan made pedal can't be bought in Michigan. ;)

I always seem to have bad luck with shipping, so I'll have the dreaded week of watching the fedex tracking site. I'll let you know what I think of it when it gets here.
  8. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Silver Dragon = Tuby Overdrive/Distortion goodness. I suggest one for sure.