RockTron Heart Attack

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MaskedJackal, Oct 7, 2005.

1. It seems like an interesting, crazy effect- I'm wondering who on TB has used it for bass. Is the low end retained? Does it sound solid? Any soundclips?
  2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I've got one at my shop and it sounds pretty good. I don't have any soundclips. Try to play it before you buy it.
  3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
  4. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Envelope Follower and it has distortion.
  5. bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    I second the notion of trying it before buying it. I just picked up a Hypnotic Flange and I was very disappointed once I played with it for a while. I does some crazy, gimmicky stuff but nothing really usable, (for me, anyway). That said, I have another Rocktron pedal that I really like, so for me, their effects are sort of hit or miss. Good luck.
  6. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    I may be incorrect, but I believe that the Heart Attack is basically a Bassballs clone.
  7. I thought I'd bump this because I tried one out a while ago. I found that it was a Bassballs clone. If you want an autowah, this isn't it. With the sens. up and the distortion on, it sounds more like a wierd synth. Even with the distortion off, it doesn't make a traditional wah sound. I found with a passive bass, even with the sens. all of the way up, I couldn't get it to trigger as much as I wanted. You either need

a. Some sort of pedal infront to boost the signal
    b. Some sort of active bass. ;)

Thanks Rocktron, but I think I'll pass.