1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Roland bass cubes

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Macch5, Dec 19, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Macch5

Macch5

Nov 8, 2014
    Hudson Valley
    A few months ago I got a micro cube and I was pretty impressed with it. Is anyone using a 20xl or 60xl for gigging? What are your thoughts on these these guys? I'm not looking for recommendations on other amps just experiences with the Roland cubes.

2. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    I own and use an older Roland Cube Bass 100. It is a killer amp and sounds great with electric bass and upright. A friend tried one of the newer Roland Cube amps and did not care for it. I have not tried the models you mentioned.

3. I had an old Cube 60 many years ago, but didn't care much for it.
    It sounded boxy.
    I don't miss it.

Eric Hochberg likes this.
  4. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    and they were that "beautiful" shade of orange. I had one as well, there are lots better reasonably priced amps now.

Ric

Francois Blais likes this.
  5. Tracy Dae

Tracy Dae

Jan 20, 2016
    Waponi Woo
    I own a few of the older design Roland Cube modeling amps. My bass amp is a Cube 120XL and I love it. I also have a Cube 80XL guitar amp and my bedroom practice amp is a Cube 40XL. I have never seen or tried the smaller Cube bass amps. The 120XL sounds great and you can certainly gig with it. I do.

6. Mine was grey, actually. Much less pretty. :)

Ric Vice likes this.
  7. oldNewbie

oldNewbie Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Just gave my Cube 100 to local high school . Had it a looong time, never liked it much. Glad someone can use it.

8. Good idea, thanks for the gift!