Ronnie James Weber

Discussion in 'Rockabilly [DB]' started by hdiddy, Mar 25, 2007.

1. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Richmond, CA
    Just going through my old blues cd collection and rediscovered Ronnie James Weber who played with Little Charlie & the Nightcats. I like his slap, which is a bit Hinton-esque, but he doesn't play alot of DB on the one album I have (Straight Up!). I looked up his bio and I guess he's playing with The Fabulous Thunderbirds now. Too bad Jimmy Vaughan isn't playing them anymore. Anyhoo, anybody got cd rec's for this guy?

Thanks.

2. Tom Howland

Tom Howland Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Cool player.
    I to heard he is playing with the Thunderbirds.
    Check his bio.
    Has played with a lot of west cost jump blues bands.

If you dig Ronnie, check out Larry Taylor.
    One of my fav. Blues players.

3. abaguer

abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    I met Ronnie Briefly at Alta, Norway Blues/soul festival, he was playing with Kim Wilson and TBrids, I was with Henry Butler and George Kilby. Great guy and player. I was talking to Kim Wilson the next day talking about Larry Taylor, who playing I've always loved. He told me he thought Ronnie was the best of the guys he's used. That's some high praise indeed. Well deserved.

4. Paul New

Paul New Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2004
    deepest alabama
    With the T-Birds i don`t think he`s playing any double bass, strictly electric.

5. Tom Howland

Tom Howland Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Ronnie plays both electric and acoustic.

6. Paul New

Paul New Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2004
    deepest alabama
    No kidding?

7. Yea I'd second that as well.I met him at a Little Charlie gig in Minneapolis years ago,and he was playing string bass.Great slapper!I was also gigging nearby and let him check out my old Kay.Maybe he just plays bass gutiar with the Thunderbirds? I know traveling with a double bass is a pain!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021