Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Roscoe Beck @ fender Bass days

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Heavy_E, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Heavy_E

Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    Alabama
  2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    The dude needs to shave his head. The hair really doesn't work for him. He looks like Cheech Marin gone right.

3. duke2004

duke2004 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Cambridge, Mass.
    so how did the RB4 play and compare to the 5??

4. Nice....
    You're lucky to have met that person...I respect the stuffs he's doing...
    What about the RB4??

Vince

5. Heavy_E

Heavy_E

Jul 2, 2002
    Alabama
    That was the first time I ever played his model bass. I wish I had more time with it. I absolutly love the pickup configuration. Jazz/P Bass/etc. It has all the combos and options. It has this clear fiberglass plate between the pickup which is used for support and is a good finger position. The action on the bass was SUPER LOW and he had light gauge string. It was a completly different feel than I am use toom however, I think I would like it better than my current setup.

I am considering selling my Lakland 55-02 to buy the 5 string version. They both run about the same price.

6. duke2004

duke2004 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Cambridge, Mass.
    ive had the RB5 for some years; i can afford and have owned a lot of high end 5's but i find it really works for me live. and never a battery to worry about. records nicely too!