1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rough two weeks

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Wesley R, Mar 29, 2009.

1. I posted about a rough week during the week of the 16th. It just got a bit rougher.

March 14th, Dad died. He called me from the VA and said today is the day. He was right.

March 16th -laid off

March 18th my brother steas two guitars from my parents house. A Harp Guitar and a 1913 Gibson L- something. My mother ends up in the hospital after the viewing.

March 19th, Bury Father, brother pitches fit at funeral because our mother made him give me one of the guitars. Earlier that day at the hospital, he agreed, later he denied having them.

March 21st, mom goes "unresposive"

March 28th she dies, one day after Birthday.

My currrent life could be the foundation of C&W song.

Thanks for Listening,
    Wesley R.

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    omg, man. i'm so sorry to hear that. that's awful. :(

3. Wesley, sorry to hear about this - what an unbelievable string of bad things. Time will heal, but for the moment you just need to cope and keep up with the things which are necessary.

I hate to say it, but don't trust your brother in this situation. Don't trust him with guitars, the estate, money or anything else.

4. I feel your pain, and empathize. The first two months of 2007 were like that for me.

Hang in there....It may be hard to believe right now but things do get better.

5. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Sending some good thoughts your way. Hang tough, you can make it through.

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    OMG, man.. :(

Hang in there bro

7. rarbass

rarbass

Jul 3, 2008
    That is absolutely terrible, I cannot imagine what you must be going through.

My condolences to you for this rough time...stay strong.

8. invisiman

invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    Saskatchewan
    "Rough" is definitely an understatement. I hope things start to look up for you.

9. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Crap, dude. That's awful.

I had several months kind of like that a few years back. We had a funeral every month for eight months running. But at least it wasn't all at once like this. My wifes aunt lost her mother on Christmas day and her husband on Easter day. Most of the deaths were elderly people who died of natural causes but one was a cousin who OD'd at 21.

I don't know how much good my prayers will do you. But you have them anyway.

10. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i am so sorry man.....but stay strong. i know it sounds ridiculous....but always have hope.

11. Mazatleco17

Mazatleco17

Mar 27, 2008
    An understatement indeed, my condolences.

12. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    I hope some good things happen to you very soon,I wish this from the bottom of my heart Wes.

13. condolences Wes :(

14. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Damn... :(

My condolences Wes!

15. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Wow, it's hard for me to imagine a string of incidents like that in such a short span. The only consolation for going through what I imagine is one of (if not the) worst periods of your life is that things can only get better. And I hope they do soon.

16. i'm really sorry.

17. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    Hey man, sorry to hear about all the misfortune. Things can only get better from here, right?

18. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    :(

19. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

Wesley ,
    so sorry to read about your current troubles ... my sincere condolences to you and your family .
    losing both parents in such a short time frame , i can only imagine what you're going thru ,
    so i can only say keep your head up , and stay strong .
    be with the family , grieve with them ...

... agreed . :ninja:

20. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    oh man that's terrible, I'm so sorry to hear it.
    I truly wish you good luck, peace, strength and may things turn around for you.