1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

S.A. Foderas

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Flaked Beans, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Went to Sam Ash to buy a new gig bag and noticed the Fodera wall in the
    bass department. Just take a look:

[​IMG]

Now, if i had ten grands in my pockets...

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Now i'm thinking about selling a few of my basses and get me that blonde!

3. bThumper38

bThumper38 brian ebert

funny they have the MG standard priced $1249 more than everyone else. Go S.A.

4. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks.

Jan 25, 2011
    Camarillo, CA
    What is that white one in the middle?

5. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    If I had that kind of money, I most certainly wouldn't spend it on a non custom build.

6. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Hey flaked beans. I was there a month or two ago. It was a welcomed suprise to see those there ;) you missed the yin yang standard though

7. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    There is no differrnce between the m.g.std. and the custom one except with the pre which is no big deal to me and i want exactly the specs of the standard one. it's made in the same shop and the same luthiers right?

8. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Obviosly yes i missed the yys. :)

9. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    By the way, that emperor five on the right is awesome too, Tom Kennedy (who played with mike stern tonight at the 55bar) frequently plays a bass that is identical to that one. (not to mention the price tag of his signature model..)

10. Just Thumpin'

Just Thumpin' Commercial User

Mar 7, 2008
    NE United States
    Manager and Partner, Fodera Guitars (as of 10/14/09)
    Actually everything is identical except the bridge. We use the Custom Shop Pre in the MGS. Only the bridge is the "Standard" bridge. And, yes, they are built in exactly the same way as the customs by the same people.

J

11. TRichardsbass

TRichardsbass Banned Commercial User

Jun 3, 2009
    Between Muscle Shoals and Nashville
    Bassgearu, Music Industry Consulting and Sales. Tech 21, NBE Corp, Sonosphere.
    Saw them all at the grand re-opening of Larry's Bass Lounge. Beautiful builds. Nice work Jason!

12. johnson79

johnson79

Jan 8, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Are these at the new Sam Ash in NYC???

13. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

And the Emperor 5 Standard is $750 over list price. They are $5750 everywhere else.

14. Just Thumpin'

Just Thumpin' Commercial User

Mar 7, 2008
    NE United States
    Manager and Partner, Fodera Guitars (as of 10/14/09)
    Actually, nice work from (in no order) Frankie, Rob, Andres, Dan, Bartek, Joe, James, Aaron, Emily, Vadym, Nick, Vinny and Joey. Sadly, with the exception of an occasional set-up, these days the front of the shop takes up 110% of my time!!

J

15. Skygoneblue

Skygoneblue

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    That's the price you pay for having every teenager in the immediate vicinity pull it off the wall and play crappy slap riffs on it before you buy it.

16. lowendmafia

lowendmafia Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2007
    Sacramento, California
    Sheesh... I'd be happy if the big music stores in my area had a decent Standard Fender to plug in... Must live in the wrong part of the country...

Does a butchered Wooten or Flea bass line sound any better on a Fodera?

17. Gorn

Gorn Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Good luck getting the "bass guy" in that store to pay any attention to you. It's enough trouble getting him to take the padlock of a Squier for you to try, if you can find him.

18. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

Rudy's was like that when I visited last week. The bass guys were visibly perturbed when I interrupted their chit chat and asked questions about a bass. They also didn't know if an Elrick I asked about was chambered. One of the guys told me "probably... Cuz it's pretty light".:D good answer for a sales guy when asked about a $3000+ bass!

19. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I love the price tags $9,999 like it's a $200.00 dollar bass :)

20. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness... Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    That's a NYC Standard. Very nice playing/sounding bass....

Remember, this is New York City and EVERYTHING is more expensive here...

Larry and co. have all basses locked up so you can't just grab and play. I've been fortunate to play all these as recently as last week and they're still fresh...

Interestingly, I haven't had any problem trying any of the basses out (Fodera, Spector, Ibanez, etc)...and I'm NOBODY!!