S/D Bassists #86 - Dollar Tree Romance

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by The_Janitor, Feb 7, 2014.

1. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Actually I'm very surprised at how loud my new 215 with EVMs is, I can almost keep up with a 100w tube full stack with a 90w SS head.

2. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    I think it's a new to Craigslist guy, several ads match his style and exaggerated demands.

3. Damn it is weird to breath through both nostrils for the first time in decades. Guess the doctor knew what he was doing, now if the rest of the swelling would go down and stop giving me mega migraines that would be the icing on the cake.
    Speaking of ineffecient cabs and half-retardded with goals. Everytime I look at my 4ohm low watt 115 Yorkville cab, I want to change it to 8ohm and put a nice speaker in it. I know it shouldn't be done, but Datassian help me, I still want to do it.

4. I told you that I looked at the specs on those drivers, and they are pretty badass.

5. His CL Cherry will burst after a few weeks of no emails LOL.

6. which speakers are you using exactly?

7. Man I started cracking up when Brain Cook showed off his First Act Baritone and how he had two fat guys as artwork put on the fretboard, saying he figured no one would want to steal it then LOL.
    Reminds me of the desiel garage I worked at back in PA. One dude there had a square head and we would jock and make drawings of square headed dudes on things around the shop or we would hold bolts up to his neck like Frankenstein's monster. Well one of the guys got those chrome naked lady stickers and put a square head and a beard on it and but them on his Chrysler Fifth Avenue, he loved it and left them on the car LOL

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/19620-rig-rundown---russian-circles-mike-sullivan-brian-cook

8. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Idk if it's common in your areas, but there's a lot of "I have three killer squiers, threes better than one so trade me an American fender."

9. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    EVM15B Pro versions. The 400 watt ones.

I know and I also know that instead of a fearful I could also build a dual TL606 design and shvt would get cray cray. That's something I may actually look into.

10. CL in Hampton Roads and Richmond VA truly truly sucks all around. Lived here for 7 years and found like two really good deals overall, my Tacoma acoustic and the GK 800RB. Not much flipper material and then stuff you want to buy is way cheaper on MGR and GC used. I still keep an eye on it when I am truly bored though, creature of habit I guess.

11. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
    Man my craigslist changes by the hour. Like 2 or more new pages a day

12. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    1. this is a bass gear site, there will always be arguments about stuff (and frankly this time im not even arguing, i just wanted to see some specs!)

2. francis stole your bike

13. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    We can just start a new gear argument...

I've decided I don't really like fuzz pedals on bass.

I much prefer OD/distortion for my bass gain needs.

14. Yep. The advantage is that you can get as loud as two of those, with one 66.

Right this wasnt an argument. More like a discussion about the ins and outs and whys and wheres.

15. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA

fuzz rules all. OD pedals on bass to me always sound like im playing metalcore songs.

16. +1 except for the Fender Sub-Lime though I think it is really od/distortion and not really a fuzz pedal. If I didn't play guitar I probably wouldn't own any fuzz pedals.

17. usually yes, especially if tuned lower than D.

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021