S/D Bassists #86 - Dollar Tree Romance

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by The_Janitor, Feb 7, 2014.

1. beebassdude

beebassdude Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    whats specs are you using to determine how "low" that 66 goes?

2. The tuning of the cab. Both of those use the same woofers. But because the volume of the cab and porting are smaller, the F215 doesnt go as low.

3. beebassdude

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA

understand that, but where are the actual numbers that explain this?

4. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
  5. The tuning point of the 66 is somewhere around 45hz, near the first octave of that low F#. The F215 is some point higher than that. That figure isnt released, but I suspect it is somehwere around 60hz.

6. beebassdude

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
  7. beebassdude

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    why is that figure not released?

8. It's not my design, none of the particulars about the cossover and tuning points are released. I suspect that greenboy doesnt think it would make much difference in sales, but it would give haters stones to throw.

It seems that every time greenboy gave something away on a cab design someone took that info and went to one of his competitors and had a cab built. First week they were loving their knock off. Fast forward to week three and they were hating on the cab because of corners cut or some other reason. Then it would devolve to "greenboy's cab sucks, look at this pile of sh!t..." Even when it wasnt his design or one of his builders. Just a knock off.

9. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    I was reading last night and just shaking my head. It's like all of the d-baggery and "everything-that's-wrong-with-TB" just crawled up its own ass and vomited back out. If they're not careful that thread's going collapse in on itself like a black hole.

10. S/D Bassists #87 - Some Sumbich brought up Music Theory
    :D

11. mbelue

mbelue Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2010
    LOL

12. beebassdude

Sep 29, 2008
    Sterling, VA
    i dont think it would give haters anything, it would give real facts to the love fest instead of "its better than everything". if those cabs really do all theyre said to, why not give the breakdown? seems like a no brainer to me.

13. Because no one else releases that kind of information about their cabs. There are pleanty of real facts from way back in the development of the fEARful cabs. No one wants to and very few people are capable of interpreting frequency response charts and waterfall plots.

Its not like anything is a secret. You can go download the fEARful plans, including the cross over plans, AND the true 3-way cross over plans. All of those plans are *free*. greenboy doesnt post here anymore because of all the bullsh!t that came from releasing his designs.

The fEARful cabs are still available and so are the plans. His new product lines have as much real information available on them as any other commercial cabs.

14. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Can we stop having cab debates? They are so pointless. Play some...if it gets you hard, buy it. If it doesn't, jog on. There's no better or worse, either it does what you want it to do or it doesn't.

15. Like the fat chick skinny chick debate, the real question is can they do the deed proper, if it is that good your eyes are gonna roll back in your head and you ain't gonna see anything anyway...nyuck nyuck nyuck

16. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    SAYS THE GUY WHO OWNS TWO SCIENCEY CABS!!!!!

MANY MANY INEFFICIENT HEAVY CABS FO LIFE!!!!

Kidding. At somepoint I'm gonna jump on that band wagon and get me a Peavey looking 1515/66, if one cab can make 2 or even 3 a moot point, I'd be dumb not to give it a chance.

17. Blank_0101

Blank_0101

Mar 25, 2012
    Las cruces, NM
  18. mc_muench

mc_muench

Sep 28, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
  19. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

Jun 30, 2012
    Madison, Wi
    Fugly.

+1 on an end to cab debates. All points on all sides have been made. Ad nauseam.

20. Corey Y

Corey Y Guest

Jun 3, 2010
    Yup...and two super heavy old school cabs...and one kinda efficient but super cheap DIY practice cab. I'd like to make myself a big Electric 415 copy eventually, when I have the time. If I had unlimited funds and storage space I'd probably have at least 2 more greenboy type cabs and 2 or more huge vintage cabs too. My two favorite heads are a 1970 Traynor tube head and a brand new Class D GK. You don't wanna get mixed up with a guy like me. I'm loner Dottie, a rebel.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021