Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Saddle Help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by silent method, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Hey guys

I am having a small problem with my saddles, they seem to be moving sideways fairly easily and I cant figure out a way to tighten them up. The A string saddle even moves so much that it is vibrating against the others and making noise. Any help would be apperciated. thanks

2. What kind of bass/bridge?

3. [​IMG]

im not sure what kind of bridge it is, but it looks identical to this

oh and i just lowered them a alot and didnt notice this problem before i did if that helps at all

4. new idea, when i lowerd them i didnt adjust the truss rod at and it didnt really feel like i needed to so now im thinking maybe they are a lil too low and the strings are not applying enough downward pressure to keep the saddles still. is this possible or am i completly nuts

5. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    Um, I had a slight problem with this - but then again, the saddles on my bass are all touching each other preventing them from going to the sides.

6. mine use to be touching, but they are pushing eachother outwards