Sadowsky Fretless

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vorago, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I've seen a lot of Sadowsky's here, and I have been drooling in front of a 3500 $ white 5 string in the shop for 30 minutes straight, but I haven't seen any Sadowsky fretless basses.

How come, is Sadowsky a fretted only brand?

If you have one, please show us :)
  2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

I don't know of anyone who has one, but here's the Sadowsky webpage which has the pics of the fretless basses they have made:

Scroll down to "fretless basses," then click on the pic of the bass you want to see a pic of.
  3. Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    Actually I had one I just sold a few hours ago!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

They have built a number of fretless basses with and without ghost lines.
  5. Emperor Elite

Emperor Elite

Oct 20, 2004
    I have a quilted koa/chambered mahogany five string fretless with custom spacing at the nut and LEDs on order right now.

LED's ? They will do that?
  7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Jeff Rader has one I've coveted for years. His has the spalted maple top.
  9. Emperor Elite

Emperor Elite

Oct 20, 2004
    Yes, Roger will send the bass out to SIMS for you, although I believe that I was the first person to actually have the service done on my Sadowsky.

I have two Sadowsky V5s with red LEDs in the side of the neck. One bass is Teal Green the other is a quilt-top with a "59 Sunburst. Both basses have custom string spacing at the nut: 1 3/4" rather than 1 7/8". That extra 1/8" makes a real difference for me. Both basses are also loaded with Single-Coil pickups.

I've owned over a hundred basses (most of them boutique), and these two instruments are absolutely phenominal. I am anxiously awaiting the quilted koa fretless. When I ordered the bass, Roger had two sister-pieces of quilted koa in stock. On custom orders like mine, he usually makes two bodies in case something goes wrong. If both bodies come out well, then I'd love to have matching fretted and fretted basses, both with custom string spacing and LEDs. How cool would that be? I'm keeping my fingers crossed. They aren't going to be cheap, but the sure as heck are going to be F-I-N-E, fine!

I did not hesitate for a minute to order a fretless bass from Roger. His custom basses are superb and worth every penny.

10. kjones

kjones Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2004

You have a teal green Sadowsky? Maybe Green LED"S would go well in my Greenburst 5 [​IMG][/IMG]
  12. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Kevin was nice enough to let me play this bass. Now, I'm not much of a fretless guy (have never owned one), but I noodle around with 'em when I can, especially when I get a chance to play brands like Pedulla and Fodera. Fact is, this Sadowsky was as nice as any fretless I've ever played, in terms of playability and tone.
  13. Emperor Elite

Emperor Elite

Oct 20, 2004
    Green LEDs would SMOKE on your bass. They would nicely compliment what is already a unique and attractive bass. Have you ever seen Lowell Packham's Tealburst Wal with the Acqua LEDS? WOW!

I find the LEDs to be indispensible when I'm doing orchestra pit work. They are also nice to have when you are playing on a dark stage.