Sadowsky got me again!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bikeplate, Feb 26, 2006.

1. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Can you believe it guys? Saw it online. I drove to the shop hoping it wouldnt play good so I could take my cash and put it back in my pocket. Well, I was wrong. It played amazing. Sounds amazing. Looks amazing. It is amazing and light as they come. It looks so darn good next to my other Sadowsky's, too

I will be seeking therapy early next week!!! LOL

2. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Nice bass Rob. Enjoy it!
  3. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    Funny, I jsut saw that one on the site and thought OMG that's the hottest one I've seen in a while. I even saved the pic on my computer. Good call you live like next door to Roger's shop or something? 12 Jay street? No?
  4. Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    nice bass! youre a lucky man rob. thats the same color im waiting on for my next one. i hope you dont have to give up another member of your "sadowsky family" to get this one. ;)
  5. Dave Hill

Dave Hill Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    How many total does that make?
  6. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Get ahold of yourself, man!
    Leave something for the others, too :D

Anyway, what's so hot in it? Yeah, you'll jump at me saying it's a Sadowsky, how dare I question it, but I still see nothing special about it. :eyebrow:
  7. That bass is hot! You did the right thing, no therapy needed.
  8. I'm afraid to ask - how much (approximately) is that one going to set you back?
  9. Nice! Love the color. I would not have been able to pass it up either.
  10. Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Very nice!

How do you find the sound differs with the PJ configuration to a JJ pickup configuration?
  11. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Not crazy about the color but I bet it sounds great! Congrats!!
  12. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Very cool, I'm a sucker for matching headstocks!
  13. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006

Hey fellow upstater! Where is this shop you went to? I would love to give a sadowsky a try, but have yet to see one in a shop in upstate NY. Did you drive down to brooklyn to see it?
  14. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Very cool man, if it had a maple board I think I'd be in love.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Very Cool Rob Congrats :bassist: ! Still getting the M ?
  16. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Thanx all. I drove to Brooklyn to get it. Not too bad a drive, certainly worth it to me. I get treated like a star by the staff, they are great. Cool thing about the visit the other day was that Will Lee was there when I arrived. Got to hang with him a bit. Great guy to talk with. Very witty

The M didnt work out, Major. No booty to the tone

The PJ configuration really sounds awesome. Great for me because I need to have a P bass tone for a bunch of songs we cover. Really thumpy tone with a different type of growl to it you cant get from a straight jazz. I had one a while back and I'm glad I got this one. The braz rosewood board is beautiful, too. I love the color! Been thinking about Sonic blue for quite a while. Couldnt pass it up
  17. Where does Roger get Brazilian rosewood from, I thought it was on the endangered list?
  18. bikeplate

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY

Dont know. Didnt ask

19. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    beautiful bass!
    You can't go wrong with Sadowsky!
  20. Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    yeah, that colour with the matching headstock is awesome! please more pics when you get it!