Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky Metro Neck Radius?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hrothgar, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    Seattle
    I've done a lot of searching and can't seem to find any info on the neck radius of the Sadowsky Metro. I'm probably going to have to order it sight unseen and i definetly prefer the 12" radius of my Lull. Does anyone know if the Metro is a 9" or 12" radius neck? thanks!

2. marc40a

marc40a

Mar 20, 2002
    Boston MA
    I'd assume 12".

3. r379

r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Call the phone number on their website and ask.

4. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    The radius on all Metro Line basses is 12".
    On NYC 4 string basses, we offer 12" and 9". All 5 strings are 12"

Roger

5. I've got both. My NYC is the 9" and my Metro is the 12".
    The 12" is what I actually prefer now that I can compare. It's seems faster but that might be because the Metro boards are just a smidge thinner, but I like the flatter radius of the 12" to my suprise. My crude/eyeball measuring was done with a steel scale type ruler and I found the Metro board to be appox. 1/16" thinner than my friends NCY Birdseye board but maybe the Birdseye is just cut thicker than regulare maple boards, I'm not sure. I can feel the difference right away. My Metro is just lightning fast!

6. LizzyD

LizzyD Chocoholic

Oct 15, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Sadowsky Artist
    Dude, you're in Seattle? Go to Bass Northwest and check out the couple Metros they have in stock right now - a couple 4s and one 5. I checked out the fiver myself a couple days ago....nice! :D

7. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Big, I agree. I have a NYC 4 with morado board and a metro with a maple board. The Metro is smokin fast. They both are off the charts but I love the way the Metro feels. I was visiting the shop this summer with no intention of buying another Sad. I already had 2. Saw it, picked it up, played it, done!!!!! Would have been real upset with myself if I'd have slept on it and missed it

Dont hesitate people.

Rob

8. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    Seattle
    I already did! I had a hard time comparing the metro 4 with my lull, though. My lull is set up with a real fast, low action, while the Metro had a fairly high action and was hard to play. It's hard comparing the two under those circumstances. I was incredibly impressed with the tone, especially through the AI Clarus, Bergantino HT/EX stack they had going (much like mine, except I'm going to have the Focus here in a couple of days :hyper: ).

9. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
    Just ask the store to lower the action! It's probably just a matter of a simple truss rod adjustment.

Roger

10. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I agree!! I tried one at Corner Music in Nashville a while back. M5-24 to be precise and thought it was excellent!! I will eventually get one to have in the arsenal!!

11. LizzyD

LizzyD Chocoholic

Oct 15, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Sadowsky Artist
    Ditto. Chad and co. are very cool about this sort of thing. They will set it up how you like it. Though it sounds like you got the answer to your radius question already! :D

12. Hi Rob
    You're one of my Sadowsky Heros as you gave me lots of good tips etc. before I purchased. Say, isn't your NYC 4 a PJ/4? Man ... you need to put some FLatZZZ on it for a taste of pouncing-thudness. :D Totally Whoopin' Bro! You younger play-ahs will be suprised. The Sadowsky Flats are nice too. I've yet to try the TI Jazz Flats, but will sometime because I have a set. :D

13. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Hi!

Hey Big. My NYC 4 is a standard jazz with a awesome quilt top. It was the caramel burst one Nino had built for himself. I grabbed it up earlier this year. I used to have a pj4. Wish I had kept it. Thump machine, even with the stainless strings I use

Rob

14. If you're ever doing a gig near Chitown look me up and you can take mine for a spin with the slicks on it. Smooth Man!