1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky Modern neck length

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by funkometer, Mar 5, 2008.

1. funkometer

funkometer Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    Can anyone measure their Modern 5 and tell me the the length from the nut to the end of the neck? Thanks

2. funkometer

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    Nobody? Guess I need to send some PMs

3. 34" scale standard.

4. I'd guess about 2' 10" from the Roger's nut to the end of his neck

34" standard scale is nut to bridge. You need that or the neck length from the nut to fret 24?

5. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    ~26". Need anything else why I have my tape measure out?

Riis

6. rob2966

rob2966

Oct 19, 2006
    Vancouver, BC
    Mine is not in front of me here at work but...unless I am off in my thinking...

The 12th fret is half the scale length:

34" * 0.5 = 17"

The 24th fret is half again:

34" * 0.75 = 25.5"

If you want to the end of the fretboard add maybe half an inch - about 26" (as previously measured).

Later
    Rob

7. funkometer

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    Im going to order a Modern 5 but with jj pickups. Im still debating about the pup placement though. I was wondering how much room id have to slap, considering 60's j placement would put the neck pup 28' from the nut. I guess that leaves me 2 inches between the neck and neck pup. Im also debating if I want the bridge pup in the 70's location. Thanks for the replies