1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sadowsky Preamp/DI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Groove_Master, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Groove_Master

Groove_Master Guest

Feb 29, 2004
    Turkey
    hi all i searched topics about Sadowsky Preamp/DI but i couldnt find any so im posting a new thread. i was about to buying sansamp but somebody strongly recommended me Sadowsky Preamp/DI :meh: im asking your opinions about Sadowsky Preamp/DI. my bass guitar's sound is so weak im hurting my fingers so bad to make my bass louder and i cant carry a good equipment to a bar 3 days of a week. i thought that a preamp/di may solve my problem i need to boost my bass guitar.. :help:

thanks.

2. Groove_Master

Groove_Master Guest

Feb 29, 2004
    Turkey
    anybody? :crying: :( :help: :rollno:

3. uly_

uly_

Jul 4, 2005
    Denmark
    U playing a passive bass?

Without having tried a lot of preamps/DI I'd say that if you're playing a passive bass the sadowsky will seriously FATTEN up your tone.

I had a sadowsky outboard preamp when I was playing my passive fender jazz bass. Without the preamp it sounded a little dry. With the preamp it just sounded... huge!

Sometimes I regret that I've sold the sadowsky.. cuz with my old setup (fender passive jazz -> aphex punch factory -> sadowsky preamp) I could get a real punchy and phat tone :)

I can't really compare it to the sansamp cuz I haven't tried it (yet)

4. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    The Sansamp gives you the option of changing your sound drastically, getting overdrives.... but also staying rather clean. To me it is very versatile. The Sadowsky is very clean.
    I think both units are very good. It depends on what you are looking for.

5. Groove_Master

Groove_Master Guest

Feb 29, 2004
    Turkey
    my bass has passive emg-hz pickups and you said "huge" i liked that very much thats what i wanted :hyper: