1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sadowsky preamp for switching El bass and URB?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Barcza, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Barcza

Barcza

May 1, 2005
    Budapest
    Sometimes I doubling with my Fishman Full Circle equipped URB and a basselines Hot Stack equipped Passive Jazz Bass. Since the Semour Duncan hum canceling design, my El bass has much less output than my URB, and need to add bass EQ. So I think to use a Sadowsky outboard preamp, It's a very nice preamp for el bass, has a mute switch for changing instrument without noise and has a bypass switch to get the URB sound without EQ and the buffered output. For my URB I never felt to need preamp before my amp.
    What do you think?

2. abaguer

abaguer

Nov 27, 2001
    Milford, NJ
    I used that same combination for an acoustic only gig where they wanted both line and mic on upright. Band played totally acoustic on stage, no amps or monitors and they took line and mic from upright, ukelele, hawaiian guitar and arctop guitar. The engineer loved the Sadowsky signal (which I bypassed using it only as a direct box) and two bass players in the audience commented on how strong the fudamental sound was.

3. Barcza

Barcza

May 1, 2005
    Budapest
    So the Sadowsky preamp sounds good bypassed for upright, and since it sounds good when on for passive el bass. Seems good for doubling like URB bypassed - mute - pull the cable out - plug the elbass - unmute - unbypass.