Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sadowsky soundclips

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by hoel, Sep 3, 2004.

1. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Hi guys!

I have noticed alot of Sadowsky owners posted in this forum. I have heard these basses used by e.g Will Lee, and the bassist of the Rolling Stones (can't remember his name). It sure sounds great. I have a '64 fender j, and would really like to check out the Sadowsky basses.

So... does anyone have soundclips of their Sadowsky basses?

Greetings from Norway,
    -Hoel

2. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Hi Hoel,

go to www.basstasters.com, you can always try a sadowsky pre-amp through your 1964 j bass, I bet that would sound awesome....i've tried 3 sadowsky's and they have all been incredible.....

3. Ari

Ari

Dec 6, 2001
    I have a few soundclips on my small website (see link in signature)

4. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    That's interesting jacove. Do you know what a preamp like this costs in europe? I guess hooking it to my svt4pro with the aguilar cabs would sound good :)

5. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Paul's Bass Matters in Holland sells it for 265 euro, I would recommend buying it from US, though, because the dollar is low at the moment. I know the Great Danish bassist Lars Danielsson uses one with his pre-cbs fender jazz in the studio, and his sound IS FREAKIN' AWESOME! :bassist:

6. hoel

hoel

Jul 16, 2003
    Oppdal, Norway
    Would you happen to know what it cost in $ ?

7. jacove

jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    Roger sells it for 235$, while you're dealing, get some of his new Nickel strings too, they sound really GREAT! the best I've ever played...Hej Du! ;)

8. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Check this out:
    http://www.tripdefunk.com/media.php
    (just pick the link that fits)
    NYC 5 string, ash body with maple top, maple neck & fingerboard, Sadowsky single coil p/ups & Sad pre-amp.
    Bass was run flat with the passive tone dimmed about 15%, slight compression from my board, 2db dip at 1K and maybe 2-3db bump at 120hz. Recorded into DP4 through a Yamaha o1v board into a MOTU 2408 hitting a MAC G4.
    A bit of mastering was done as well, can't tell you the particulars of the settings for the mastering (the guitar player owns a mastering suite) but it was done rather quickly. Very generic if you will.
    Recorded live in my tiny, but fun little studio :D

9. Sadowsky

Sadowsky Commercial User

Nov 1, 2000
    Owner: Sadowsky Guitars Ltd.
  10. ApeIsHigh81

ApeIsHigh81

Aug 24, 2004
    CA
    That was good Mike, although your singer sounds very, um, how do I put this in the nicest of terms........white :p No harm, no harm, it's just that I grew up listening to funk through my family, and your singer didn't have enough oomph, enough soulful presence.

11. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

I know what you mean about the singer, but he does a pretty bang up job live.
    And hell, our motto is: "We play funk the way it's intended to be played, by 5 white guys from the suburbs!".
    Our thing and not to highjack the thread, is to have a good time while not being in a high pressure band. We're not trying to be a hard core serious funk band, but more of a "hell,these guys are good, and fun, and don't suck funk band". I have nothing to prove playing wise and ya know, it makes the gig that much easier.
    People dig us and thats what it's about with this group, not look how good I am or how deep my playing is. But wow! Look at those asses shake on the dance floor!!! :D

12. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    off topic: there's an international street fair happening in my town this weekend.

i was talking with one of the band's bass players (who's gigged with the likes of chad wackerman [sp?]) and has never had the chance to play a NYC Sadowsky.

i'm taking my vintage 4 and modern 5 down there today.

can't wait for his reaction.

back OT: Roger beat me to mentioning the sound clips on his site.

good stuff!

f