Sadwosky owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pedroferreira, Jan 4, 2005.


  1. peabody

    peabody Supporting Member

    Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Last time I checked, there was also a Metro RV4 in the '59 burst with the VTC available in stock on the Sadowsky site. I think it was $2075. If I'm not mistaken, isn't it a $150 retrofit to add one to an existing Metro?
     
  2. Big String

    Big String Supporting Member

    Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Yep, that's what it cost me. It's worth it IMO.
     
  3. pedroferreira

    pedroferreira

    Feb 10, 2003
    Portugal
    Do you think that ash/maple combo is too bright? Even with the VTC?
    I'm saving money to, eventually one day, buy a Sadowsky. I like the maple looks better that the rosewood, and I already have a rosewood/alder combo. Do you think I will be disappointed, if I go after the ash/maple?

    Pedro
     
  4. Big String

    Big String Supporting Member

    Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    I also have a NYC alder/morado and that is why I wanted to try a ash/maple. True enough, you can mellow out the brightness of that combo with the VTC but to me personally it's missing a little something that I crave with the rosewood. I was never that big a fan of maple and took a chance. As far as being disappointed, I don't think you will be with any of the Sadowskys. And if you read my add I'm only trying to see if I get some interest so I can get a used NYC with an ash body and rosewood neck which is really what I wanted to try in the first place but did not want to order a new NYC. I wish I would have bought this used bass first time I saw it. Oh well. The Metros are so close to the NYC.
     
  5. peabody

    peabody Supporting Member

    Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    I just received my trans white MV4 about a month ago. This bass has the maple/ash combo...but it does not have the VTC. I realize everyone has their own preferences, but I don't find the maple neck too bright at all. Despite the differences in the neck/body combos, if you do a search on "Sadowsky", you will not find the words "disappointed" and "Sadowsky" used in the same sentence....other than "Buy a Sadowsky, you won't be disappointed." Good luck!
     
  6. I think that the Ash/Maple Sadowsky is a little brighter sounding that the Alder/Rosewood combo. Then again, it really depends on the player, the gig, the engineer, the particular instrument, etc... My suggestion: Buy a Sodowsky!!! You will have no regrets. I have a maple/ash Metro and for 90% of the gigs and recordings it works above and beyond the call of duty, the other 10% of the times I play a fretless and a P-bass with flatwounds. :bassist:
     
  7. Big String

    Big String Supporting Member

    Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    I have tried seveal different types of strings (no SS) on my MV4 as it came with the Sadowsky Nickels I specified. Out of all the strings I've tried I reinstalled the Sad Nickels.

    It is well know that SS strings are generally brighter sounding than nickels but I'm wondering if the extensive "piano" type tones I'm getting are not more prone to the Nickels rather than the SS. My Pal's NYC Sad with a Birdseye Maple neck with DR Fat Beams sounds considerably more mellow than my MV4 with the Sad Nickels. I'm tempted to try a set in an attempt to duplicate his tone which is more pleasing to me. Even though this is a string question I am pertaining it directly to Sadowsky basses with maple necks and ash bodies.

    I was going to buy this bass from my friend but opted not too as it was too similar to my current MV4. It will be on Ebay soon. It's a very nice instrument with Lake Placid Blue paint matching headstock. The Sad number escapes me right now.
     
  8. :eek:
     
  9. Primary

    Primary TB Assistant

    Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

     
    Sep 23, 2021

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.