Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Samick...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Reptillian_Bass, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Reptillian_Bass

Reptillian_Bass

Sep 5, 2004
    My Room
    What do you folks recommend in Samick's Corsair line?

2. Oliver

Oliver

Jun 21, 2003
    Perth, Australia
    all i know bout Samicks is that they are a solid bass, build real real well.

bump

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I would disagree completely, having owned one as my main bass for five years. Maybe they're a little better now, but I doubt it based on the couple I've played in stores.

4. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    Hmmm...I'd say Samicks are much better now than they were back in the day. Ever since they hired Greg Bennett, their stuff has improved. I wasn't even considering a Samick bass until I played a Fairlane 6 in the music store and fell in love with it. I'd buy another Fairlane 6 in a heartbeat.

The Cobra I tried was nice too. The neck was a little too rounded for my tastes, but the bass played nice and I got some sweet sounds from it.

I can't help you regarding the Corsair line, though, since I'm unfamiliar with it. I just figured I'd chime in since I'm a Samick fan and all.

But either way, I wouldn't completely disregard Samick these days.

5. I own a Samick Tabu bass and I'm pretty happy with it. Personally, I know nothing about the Corsair series you speak of, but Samick does make some good solid basses and since mine was a neck-through, I found it to be an awesome deal.

6. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    You have a Tabu? Nice. I've wanted to try one of those, to see how they felt. It's nice to see that there are other Samick fans in the woodwork. I like the shape of the Cobra and Tabu bodies. They're rockin' without being cheeseball.

If Samick were to introduce a 6-string version of the Cobra or the Tabu, I'd totally GAS for it.