1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sampletank deal

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by seamonkey, Apr 23, 2010.

1. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    If you're looking for a good basic sampler, there's a good deals going on getting a free version of Sampletank and 4 Xpantion tank 2 libs (4gb of sounds) for $50.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/xtgroupbuy

Buy it here and you get some extra free lib, but they're not saying what it is yet.

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4293

There's a few very cool libs. Sometimes you need new sounds to spark new ideas.

Sampletank is a good sampler in my opinion. This version doesn't look knocked down, it just doesn't include the basic IK samples. Now it's not going to compare to modeled pianos, brass, or saxes, but it's very good for the price.

2. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    This is now a 5x1 group buy.
    It not a band sampler at all for this price. The "Stretch" mode is what every sampler should have.
    The "Vintage Keys" is pretty cool lib.

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    It's now a 7x1 deal for another week - for $50
    A correction. Sampletank is not a sampler - it's a rompler. It only plays back samples. You can't sample with it. But 8 gigs of samples, and a decent rompler with stretch is still a great deal. I can sample with audacity or soundforge.

I got it at esoundz and they threw in another gig or samples, from a big confusion choice list.

I'm not much into loops, but the construction kits you can get as part of this deal look like a blast.

If you're just starting out and need some pianos, strings, organs, drums, they aren't half bad. Something good for the toolbox, save some $$ and spend more money on other things like modelers.