Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

San Antonio Spurs!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by VinceLovesF, May 29, 2005.

1. Hi!

San Antonio Spurs are doing a huge Western Conference Finals...
    The way they're playing and beating Phoenix Suns is awesome, playing great basketball, a real team effort!
    Tony Parker, is proving that at 23 he's getting more and more mature playing the role of the starting point guard of a team, ex NBA champions and really serious contender this year..

Perhaps they will sweep Suns (or doing 4-1), and I think they will advance to NBA Finals.
    And play Pistons or Heat (I would bet Pistons!)..
    With Playoffs this year, that's a good deal to wake up at 3am to watch games..

What do you all think guys about Spurs?

Bye
    Vince

2. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I'm a big Spurs fan. Amazing how easily they've handled the Suns. I watched a little of the game at the club during our breaks last night.

Now that I have two young daughters I don't watch a lot of sports; I'm really getting into Clifford, Barney, Dora, etc. :D , but one day I'll start following my favorite teams again. Duncan's a class act.

I'm a Tarheels fan, so I remember his days at Wake Forest. He was so dominant at the college level but I wasn't sure if he'd be a standout in the pros. He's turned out to be among the league's best players, good thing I'm not a scout :D .

I live in Utah Jazz country so whenever I wear my Spurs hat I hear people grumbling. I love it!!

Go Spurs!

3. Been a Spurs fan since the days of The Iceman. They're playing great basketball right now, on both ends of the court. A Spurs-Pistons final would be most excellent.

4. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    I wouldn't mind seeing a Heat vs Spurs Finals, either.

5. True. Any finals with the Spurs in it is OK by me! :hyper:

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'm definitely happy to see the Spurs doing well. Class organization, classy players. It's heartwarming to see guys go out and just play the game without showboating, and KICK @$$ while they're at it.

I miss the "Admiral", but am happy to see Duncan step into his role. Great player, great attitude. Wish there were more like that, in all pro sports.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
  8. Nice to see that there are many NBA fans here..
    Yes, go Spurs, let's see tomorrow...

Vince

9. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Ginobli is the real deal - what a spark to that team. He's trying really hard to transition from 6th man to starter. Time will tell...

10. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    PLUS A GIZILLION!!!!!!

11. jointus

jointus

Sep 20, 2003
    SATX
    I think that the Spurs are a tremendous team this year!
    And they are still a 'class act' team!
    Go Spurs Go! :D

12. the spurs are doing great. lets hope they sweep the suns.

go spurs go

13. While I'll be sad to see the Suns get knocked out (I'm a big Steve Nash fan), I can't think of a more deserving organization to come out of the West. Tim Duncan has got to be one of the most admirable professional athletes out there - he plays great ball and keeps his nose clean on and off the court. It's refreshing.

The Pistons certainly did not look good tonight, though. It's not like them to give up 113; I might be worried if I were a fan in Motown.

14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Bah.

When's hockey start?

15. Simball

Simball

Mar 26, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Spurs look awesome. They are a killer team stacked with a great mix of international and american players. It will be interesting to see how whoever comes out of the east deals with them. I'm saying spurs win finals 4-2.

16. Go Spurs!! A classy team with even classier players going out and playing fundamental basketball and kicking butt doing it. So glad to see them this close to the finals again.

17. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Never.

18. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

hopefully the Spurs will finish off Phoenix tonite , and Duncan and
    crew will have time to rest up and get ready for the eastern team .

* we actually do have a hockey team , the San Antonio Rampage ...

19. Amazing talent, great attitude, and a surprising lack of idiots...

...but I still hate them. Rockets fan til I die. ;)

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, me too. I liked them better when they had Sean Elliott and David Robinson though. Bowen, and Manu get under my skin.

-Mike