1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SANDBERG QUESTION.. PICS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bubinga5, Jun 7, 2011.

1. bubinga5

bubinga5

Jun 6, 2006
    cheltenham(UK)
    Just a couple of Sandberg Q's if theres anybody who knows...Does anyone know what body wood this is?

Also will an Audere J Plate fit on to a Sandberg JM4?

2. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    Looks like birdseye maple to me.

3. bubinga5

bubinga5

Jun 6, 2006
    cheltenham(UK)
    The back...

4. bubinga5

bubinga5

Jun 6, 2006
    cheltenham(UK)
    Yeah thats what i thought, but ive never seen a Birdseye maple body before..

5. Rumblefisher

Rumblefisher Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Astoria, NY
    I'm sure spade2you will chime in with his beautiful birdseye bass :D

Wal also likes using this as a facing. IMO those are the best looking Wals along with walnut.

6. sysexguy

sysexguy

Jul 10, 2007
    The pre should be fine as long as you get the right one (for a side jack), or just get the raw version and use the existing jack.

Just asking; Why would you want to replace the electronics that are in the instrument?

Andy

7. yeah, im wondering why replace the stock EQ?

it looks like a semi recent JM so it 'should' have delano pickups (as seen) and either a delano EQ (as used by both sandberg and clover) or a 'sandberg' stock which is made by the guys at glokenklang.

both of those options are seen as pretty much high end by most of the bass community, though if you cant get away with the stock EQ then yeah thats a fair enough reason :)

just a quick Q, is the switch the coil tap for the MM or the active/passive for the EQ? my PM 5 has the latter but on a push/pull vol pot.

congrats on the sweet sandberg though too, and dont forget to pop in to the sandberg club and get your number. :)

8. sysexguy

sysexguy

Jul 10, 2007
    JM's (now Tm's) have a coil split switch and the active EQ is bypassed by pulling up the volume pot

9. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass

Jun 19, 2009
    Norton, MA
    I was going to say BEM as well, but after looking at it, I think it could be poplar. An unusual choice, but not unheard of. What's it weigh?