1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SansAmp Paradriver

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FreaqyFrequency, Sep 8, 2008.

1. I play 3 instruments seriously at the moment.

I am looking for a direct box that can serve as a transparent D.I., but can also tastefully shape the sound of bass, keys, acoustic and electric g****rs.

That said, I have a couple questions for those who own it:

1: Are the manual presets actually usable?

2: How does it do for instruments besides bass? Does it eliminate weird piezo harmonics like it claims to?

3: Is it daisy-chainable?

Thanks in advance,

-Sean

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    Buy an Avalon U5.

Or a PJB Bass Buddy... :ninja:

3. Well, I love it. I think it does wonders for Bass and Keys (Synths), and a guitar player friend of mine plugged in and got some cool noises out of it (really thickens the guitar sound). But it is the farthest thing from Transparent that I've ever heard. It colors your tone heavily. I happen to like that tone a lot, but its at least a try before you buy. And:

1. The presets are OK, but you are heavily rewarded when you deviate from them at least slightly (especially in the use of the 'Blend' knob).
    2. Never used it with an acoustic guitar, so no answer, sorry.
    3. Yes.