1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sansamp Poll - Blend Control

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, May 1, 2005.

1. No, it keeps the bass's character, just beefs it up a bit.

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Yes, it loses the bass's natural tone.

26 vote(s)
    65.0%
  1. Well here are the questions....

2. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    What is sansamp ? :D

3. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Who cares? Set it where it sounds good.

4. I put it on yes, but i dont think it completely destroys it, i just prefer it on about 50%

5. I either blend full and turn off the drive for a dry kind of sound, or blend to 10 o'clock and put the drive almost full. With full blend, the bass tends to be too hot sounding and so I always cut it substantially to keep the original tone. However, with low drive and full blend it gives a cool, dry tone.

6. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    50% here.

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It moves depending on what I need but yeah, the "tube" circuit colors your tone a lot. Isn't it, like, the whole purpose ?

8. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte

+1

9. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    There are a lot of amp rigs that "destroy" the "natural tone" of an instrument... that's why the Amp God created different types of amps: choose your favorite that destroys your tone to your liking. Hey, a Les Paul through a cranked Marshall doesn't represent the natural acoustic tone of the guitar in question. ;)

I think a SansAmp should be treated in the same way as an amp rig, or really any other piece of gear: if you don't like the tones it gives you, go with something else.

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Carrots.

11. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    +1

12. What is this I keep hearing about carrotts? Tyler Hole kept saying it to me on AIM.........what is it?

13. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    erm well its erm orange and erm kinda pointy ooooo if you ever saw bugs bunny as a child he was always eating one.

I think they look like this

[​IMG]

+2 btw guys

I also want to comment at what point did you mistake the sansamp for being transparent :eyebrow:

14. Here we go wit hthe 'poke fun at Nick' again. :(

15. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Dude chill check out some older polls and they all have carrots as an option.

Why, you ask? Well I don't know really but it was funny all them months ago :D

16. I go back and forth from having the blend full on to around 2:00 o'clock. I'm still experimenting, I guess.

Chris

17. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I find the most usable tones for me come with blend somewhere between 40% and 60%

18. +1. :)

19. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Lately I've been using my BDDI exclusively as a gritty distortion box, so I keep the blend at 100%. If I'm not using it for distortion though, I keep it at about 50% - I love the sound of my amp so I use the BDDI for an enhancement.

20. Ahhh. I'm talking about this as a DI box. I find that with my spector, it still retains a ncie spector punch, with the clarity of the maple, it just osunds better with the sansamp than with its own pre amp. However, I find that it kills my warwick's tone unless I have the blend at about 60-70%.