Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Sansamp Poll - Blend Control

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nickthebassist, May 1, 2005.

1. No, it keeps the bass's character, just beefs it up a bit.

14 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Yes, it loses the bass's natural tone.

26 vote(s)
    65.0%
  1. Well here are the questions....

2. fozzy

fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    What is sansamp ? :D

3. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    Who cares? Set it where it sounds good.

4. I put it on yes, but i dont think it completely destroys it, i just prefer it on about 50%

5. I either blend full and turn off the drive for a dry kind of sound, or blend to 10 o'clock and put the drive almost full. With full blend, the bass tends to be too hot sounding and so I always cut it substantially to keep the original tone. However, with low drive and full blend it gives a cool, dry tone.

6. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    50% here.

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

It moves depending on what I need but yeah, the "tube" circuit colors your tone a lot. Isn't it, like, the whole purpose ?

8. dunamis

dunamis

Aug 2, 2004
    Charlotte

+1

9. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    There are a lot of amp rigs that "destroy" the "natural tone" of an instrument... that's why the Amp God created different types of amps: choose your favorite that destroys your tone to your liking. Hey, a Les Paul through a cranked Marshall doesn't represent the natural acoustic tone of the guitar in question. ;)

I think a SansAmp should be treated in the same way as an amp rig, or really any other piece of gear: if you don't like the tones it gives you, go with something else.

10. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Carrots.

11. KPJ

KPJ

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    +1

12. What is this I keep hearing about carrotts? Tyler Hole kept saying it to me on AIM.........what is it?

13. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    erm well its erm orange and erm kinda pointy ooooo if you ever saw bugs bunny as a child he was always eating one.

I think they look like this

[​IMG]

+2 btw guys

I also want to comment at what point did you mistake the sansamp for being transparent :eyebrow:

14. Here we go wit hthe 'poke fun at Nick' again. :(

15. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Dude chill check out some older polls and they all have carrots as an option.

Why, you ask? Well I don't know really but it was funny all them months ago :D

16. I go back and forth from having the blend full on to around 2:00 o'clock. I'm still experimenting, I guess.

Chris

17. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I find the most usable tones for me come with blend somewhere between 40% and 60%

18. +1. :)

19. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    Lately I've been using my BDDI exclusively as a gritty distortion box, so I keep the blend at 100%. If I'm not using it for distortion though, I keep it at about 50% - I love the sound of my amp so I use the BDDI for an enhancement.

20. Ahhh. I'm talking about this as a DI box. I find that with my spector, it still retains a ncie spector punch, with the clarity of the maple, it just osunds better with the sansamp than with its own pre amp. However, I find that it kills my warwick's tone unless I have the blend at about 60-70%.