1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Santa Monica, CA: Stolen Wals Alert!!!!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by kulit17, Jan 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. gmacg

gmacg

Mar 1, 2005
    Irvine, CA
    Really sorry to hear about the theft of your Wals. I'll keep an eye out for any sign of them. Good luck getting them returned.

2. Joe Climan

Joe Climan

Jan 10, 2018
    Thanks so much. I posted in the other thread regarding the theft that we managed to get three of them back so far. I'm hopeful the rest will start popping up soon.

3. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Hope the police can lean on whoever involved with the 3 and get the rest. Horsewhipping is too easy for thieves. Jail is too easy for thieves. Too bad such people when caught cannot be left to "The MEKer Punishment Center". The motto there is "You will really CRY for your cryme, A-whole. No last suppers included."

4. In october my friends band lost 4 guitars (gibson/fender) and 2 musicman stingrays, marshalls, pedals etc. We saw them on the App Offer up. LAPD said "this isnt like the movies we need a warrant and cant just show up and grab them" overall the cops didnt help much, 1 fender and both musicmans showed up at Sam Ash in Canoga Park, maybe a good place to look. My friend got those back, another 2 people saw ads for the stolen gear on craigslist, they had bought them cheap and had the Gibson and Marshall and came forward to return them. The other guitars/gear is MIA.

Best of luck

5. Joe Climan

Joe Climan

Jan 10, 2018
    Yeah I've been checking Offer Up, Let Go, Facebook Marketplace, and Craigslist every day since they went missing. Still nothing :/. Sam Ash here in West LA were actually the ones that called the police and got the three that I have now back to me so I am super thankful to them. I'll reach out to the Canoga Park location as well, thanks for the heads up!

A-Step-Towards likes this.