1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Santa Monica, CA: Stolen Wals Alert!!!!

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by kulit17, Jan 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. gmacg

gmacg

Mar 1, 2005
    Irvine, CA
    Really sorry to hear about the theft of your Wals. I'll keep an eye out for any sign of them. Good luck getting them returned.

2. Joe Climan

Joe Climan

Jan 10, 2018
    Thanks so much. I posted in the other thread regarding the theft that we managed to get three of them back so far. I'm hopeful the rest will start popping up soon.

3. MEKer

MEKer Supporting member

May 30, 2006
    Hope the police can lean on whoever involved with the 3 and get the rest. Horsewhipping is too easy for thieves. Jail is too easy for thieves. Too bad such people when caught cannot be left to "The MEKer Punishment Center". The motto there is "You will really CRY for your cryme, A-whole. No last suppers included."

4. In october my friends band lost 4 guitars (gibson/fender) and 2 musicman stingrays, marshalls, pedals etc. We saw them on the App Offer up. LAPD said "this isnt like the movies we need a warrant and cant just show up and grab them" overall the cops didnt help much, 1 fender and both musicmans showed up at Sam Ash in Canoga Park, maybe a good place to look. My friend got those back, another 2 people saw ads for the stolen gear on craigslist, they had bought them cheap and had the Gibson and Marshall and came forward to return them. The other guitars/gear is MIA.

Best of luck

5. Joe Climan

Joe Climan

Jan 10, 2018
    Yeah I've been checking Offer Up, Let Go, Facebook Marketplace, and Craigslist every day since they went missing. Still nothing :/. Sam Ash here in West LA were actually the ones that called the police and got the three that I have now back to me so I am super thankful to them. I'll reach out to the Canoga Park location as well, thanks for the heads up!

A-Step-Towards likes this.
  6. Johnny Fly

Johnny Fly

May 13, 2019
    Hey Joe-I'm the 2nd owner of the Pewter Wal I sold it to an attorney for his son in 2007. Maybe that was you? Miss that guitar. It's serial is W 4020 I'm sure my memory is correct. Good luck!

7. Runnerman

Runnerman Registered Bass Player Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 14, 2011
    Sales Development Manager NN Inc. - Polymet, USA manufacturer of fret wire
    There hasn't been any updates on this for some time. Wonder if there has been any success locating any of these.

BWorm likes this.
  8. kulit17

kulit17 Wal Collector #35 Supporting Member

from what i'm aware of, he has 4 recovered.... 6 were still missing when i last spoke to him:

"Pewter bass, tangerine bass, jg1114, fretless wenge mk1, geddy mk1 with gold hardware, 5 string shedua midi bass"

9. sludgetail

sludgetail Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2018
    Orange, CA
    sorry to hear brother, keeping an eye out for you.

edit: keep an eye on FB Marketplace, OfferUp, LetItGo and GC used also, know this is common knowledge, but still. Good luck my friend. ​

10. SgtHulka

SgtHulka Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2019
    Fort Arnold
    Hey Joe sorry for the loss. I'm in North Hollywood and constantly looking at bases, I have lots of bass player friends and local musicians on my Facebook page, can you make your link accessible so I can share it?

I also have a friend who owns three pawn shops in the area and I'll let him know to keep a lookout.

11. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    OMG. Horrible. Totally missed this the first time around. Will keep an eye out for the remaining six.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021