1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Sara Bareilles - King of Anything

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by Indigo, May 13, 2010.

1. Indigo

Indigo

Feb 19, 2004
    Örebro, Sweden
    WOW! Great song, and great bass playing! For you who haven't heard it yet, follow this link:

http://www.popeater.com/2010/05/10/sara-bareilles-king-of-anything/

I watched the first episode about the recording of the new album, and if I'm not seeing wrong, I think Justin is doing some clapping on this song too =)

http://www.sarabmusic.com/site.html

I can't wait to get my hands on this album, too bad it will be some time before I can.

How involved were you in this album, Justin? Are you playing all the bass tracks on the album? Any other instruments? Co-producing? Can you send a copy to me? ;-)

2. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Justin did you share credits with Chris, or just come in to assist production, and of course CLAP!

3. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Hi! Thanks Indigo. It's a really heartfelt and lovely album, with lots of music recorded with real musicians playing at the same time. :)

Lorenzini, Chris (if you're referring to my man Chris Chaney) didn't play on this new record, he did the last one. I didn't assist in production, though I played bass and did some sound effects/pedal type business and, of course, claps. :) I also chimed in a lot with "production" ideas as it was going down, since the great producer Neal Avron invited myself and the other band members do help contribute to the direction of the basic tracks. Really cool.

JMJ

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Justin that's really cool. I'm sure it'll sound awesome, and I respect SB's music a LOT!

If you're holding it down on the album, then I'm sure it'll be amazing.