Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Save me!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm addicted to playing ESPN NFL 2K5 on X Box!! It's how I spend ALL of my free time now! What has become of me?!

2. You sir are weak. Put DOWN the controller, and step slowly away from the t.v....

Or, call your kiddo on in and play and have some bonding time.
    :bassist:

video games: I like 'em, but they frustrate the crap outta me too. Guess I'm not a good gamer.

3. Yeah, nothing sucks the fun out of a video game better than having the snot beat out of you by a 13 year old...

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    This is the ONLY game I can beat him on. Normally, I'm his b**ch!

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I played it for about five minutes, and went back to Madden.

I know how you feel though, I am 22 years into my franchise. It feels like time stands still while you play. All of the sudden four hours have gone by, and it feels like 10 minutes.

-Mike

6. Just like a real foosball game! man, they are true-to-life. ;)

"my son ain't gonna play none of that foos-ball, that's a devil's game"- Mama Waterboy

7. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Video games are my crack. Yup, I am the Pookie of vidiots.

Right now, I have no video game consoles or any games installed on my computer, not even Solitaire. I know that if they are there, I can play them endlessly without regard to sleep or eating.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Man, you couldn't live in my house! We have X Box, PS1 & 2, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Super Nintendo, Gameboy color and delux, and Sega Genesis. :help:

9. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Woody, that is without a doubt the most addicting game I have played since I played Earthbound on SNES the first time.

I too sit and play that game for HOURS. I'm not sure why, but I really enjoy putting it on the easiest setting and scoring 150 points per game :D Nothing better than every member of your team having at least one touchdown :D

10. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Just out of curiosity.......

what team do you use?

11. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Sega!!!

Man I'll destroy you in old school Madden '92.

Must not play video games, Must not play video games,Must not play video games........

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    TY!!!!!!!!!

I PMed you about your Sunn amp. Did you get it?

-Mike

13. Try playing Burnout 3. The crashes are awesome.

Rock on
    Eric

14. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Just start trying to spend your "Crib Points." You'll get tired of the game quickly.

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I use 2 teams. The Titans, so I can make 'em wear those old Oilers unis, and the Falcons. I'm playing a season with both teams. Draft and all. As for the "crib points" comments, I couldn't agree more. That part of the game sux!

16. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Now that I finished Halo 2 (and got extremely pissed off at it due to the "ending"), I'm hoping between Burnout 3 and NFL 2k5. Most of my time's spent on Burnout though, since flying through a city at 180 MPH with Jerry Was a Race Car Driver blasting is as addicting as crack. Might have to start up a NFL 2k5 franchise with the Packers or Raiders today.

17. Man... I feel for you. I RARELY as in RARELY played video games until my brother got Madden.

How does ESPN compare to Madden?
    I have heard good things

btw... What was with Brady on Monday? 4 interceptions and one on their final drive to save themselves of humiliation.

This has been one messed up season... and TO is gone :(

18. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Madden and ESPN both play a bit differently. You have to try them both out to get a feel for them and figure out which you like better. My dad liked Madden over the NFL 2k series, while I've always prefered 2k over Madden. But now that EA has that exclusivity (spell-check that one) agreement with the NFL, no more ESPN. Bastards.

Pick up NFL 2k2. There is almost no defense on that game, it's almost funny. I used to rack up 70 points a game on the medium difficulty. And they made Brad Johnson have an arm that could lob a perfectly placed ball about 50-60 yards, and recievers that never dropped the ball. I wish I didn't trade it in...

19. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Woodchuck, I thought you had gigs and stuff...?

20. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    We shut it down until after the New Year' holiday. Our manager told us that we're not going to be home much in 2005.