Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schecter 004 Elite

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by emor, Jun 5, 2004.

1. emor

emor

May 16, 2004
    kcmo
    [​IMG]

So I played this bass today for a few minutes.
    Seems like a nice instrument. Action seemed good, and it looks great. Suprisingly, I really like the satin gold hardware.

Schecter must have discontinued it because I can't find anything on their site about it.
    Does anyone have one of these? What can you tell me about it?

I think I'm jonesin' for this bass... ;)

2. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    There used to be info on those. I remember they came out maybe a few years ago to go along with the 006/007 elite guitar models, but I don't think it caught on at all. Thay are not bad by any means, and a good value for what they cost. Is it the red one or the more natural looking model? I think that's all it came out in.

3. Josh Curry

Josh Curry

May 29, 2003
    Frisco, TX
    Oops, hey, it really is there. Go to the past models section (bottom right on the main menu section) and select 004 Elite from the drop down list, it's all there.

The natural one is real nice.

Schecter Menu

4. emor

emor

May 16, 2004
    kcmo
    It was the natural (as pictured).

Thanks for the link.

5. I was testing a studio elite the other day...it seemed rather nice....but it was in a **** store that only sold laney amps, so cant really tell :p ...but i managed to get a catalog and their j-basses, called the california custom, looks rather nice, rear routed control cavity makes it look rather sweet

6. no_im_adam

no_im_adam

Jun 5, 2004
    I just got my new Schecter Studio 5 yesterday :) , i'd highly recommend one, they look nice, play nice, and sound incredible

7. i wouldnt mind an 8 string studio :D , achillies last stand here i come :p :smug:

8. werner vw

werner vw

Mar 26, 2004
    paris
  9. This is the one i played
    [​IMG]

This is what i wouldnt mind
    [​IMG]

Its one of the better neck through basses ive played, besides the ibanez doug wimbish soundgear sig

10. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I have a Schecter for sale. (Sorry I have to advertise). It's a Blem Stiletto Elite 4.

11. werner vw

werner vw

Mar 26, 2004
    paris
    This one is the stiletto studio 4 not the elite 4

This one is mine :bassist:

[​IMG]

12. nice..i just love the bubinga tops...plus the 8-string looks like it capable of being played pizzicato