1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Schoeps CMC6 MK4

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by gcordez, Apr 27, 2010.

1. gcordez

gcordez

Jul 14, 2008
    Bristol,UK
    Im thinking long and hard about taking the plunge and buying one of these. I usually use my Schertler DYN-B for live stuff, and it works well for the most part, but i want to get a quality mic for both recording and live work.

Anyone have any experience of the schoeps mic? Is it possible to use in a live situation? I know the great Larry Grenadier does with excellent results. In terms of other mics, any other ones worth looking at?

Ive used the DPA 4099, it was very good, but it didnt quite work out as id wanted in live situations...

2. when you say the dpa "didn't work out in live situations", what do you mean?

3. anonymous02282011

anonymous02282011 Guest

Jun 27, 2007
    A word about the DPA 4099:

Since I posted mine in the classifieds I've had pre-emptive sellers remorse.

I've been running my DPA4099 through a MackieVLZ mixer, and there are a couple things I've noticed.

1) the further from the bass you position it the boomier it gets

2) cutting the bass (80Hz) down a hair really clears up the sound

If it doesn't sell, I'll be using it the same way Larry Grenadier uses his Schoeps (GREAT mic, btw, but much more expensive than the DPA), with a mixer-> raised PA speaker.

I've used the Schoeps in the studio and it is a great mic, but for the vast price difference and the NOT so vast sound difference the DPA seems like the obvious choice.